BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Football (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Season Win Total (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=11870)

jacobkdoyle 07-27-2017 06:08 PM

Season Win Total

The Southpoint has us at 5.

i'm going to be optimistic and say we get to 7-5 a bowl game. The schedule isn't terrible if we can win 3 non-conference games. I won't be upset no matter what happens this year though...Tubs left a heck of a hole for us to climb out of.

RedlegZdid 07-28-2017 09:53 AM

Easy schedule, a legit coaching staff and motivated players screams for a bounce back year. I'd be very surprised if we don't win at least 6 games.

Alum2013 07-28-2017 09:56 AM

I'll say 6 mostly because I don't have much confidence in our QB situation. I think a good coach can add at least 2 games to the win total though. I wouldn't be surprised if we win more mostly based on not having a tough schedule outside of Michigan.

Robert 07-28-2017 12:25 PM

I just hope our fans are realistic about this season. We have a ton of holes and not a lot of depth. I don't think 6-7 wins is unrealistic, but neither is 4-5 wins. I think anything outside of 4-7 wins would be a surprise.

coachpipe 07-31-2017 10:18 AM

While tubs was terrible, the blame cant go all on him. His players couldnt tackle and couldnt block. Those things are still on the players.

So with basically the same roster, im saying 6. But more importantly, I just want basketball to get here

UCalum08 07-31-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachpipe (Post 169952)
While tubs was terrible, the blame cant go all on him. His players couldnt tackle and couldnt block. Those things are still on the players.

So with basically the same roster, im saying 6. But more importantly, I just want basketball to get here

So you can't blame the coaches for not teaching technique and fundamentals?

coachpipe 07-31-2017 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCalum08 (Post 169953)
So you can't blame the coaches for not teaching technique and fundamentals?

No, I blame tubs, but the entire blame cant be on him. These kids are still D1 football players they have to take some blame too. The coach cant be the one to take the entire blame is my point. At some point the players have to be held accountable too

jacobkdoyle 07-31-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachpipe (Post 169954)
No, I blame tubs, but the entire blame cant be on him. These kids are still D1 football players they have to take some blame too. The coach cant be the one to take the entire blame is my point. At some point the players have to be held accountable too

It's way more fun to put all the blame on Tubs.

david aka the TYZ 07-31-2017 04:34 PM

I put 95 percent of the blame on the last few years directly on Tuberville.

UCBearcats 08-01-2017 08:41 AM

I'm guessing somewhere between 4-8 and 7-5. Obviously Coach Fick has done a tremendous job of creating buzz for the program and locking down some fantastic recruits, now I'm interested to see how he and the staff handle game day.