BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Former Recruits (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=11277)

jacobkdoyle 11-15-2016 06:56 PM

Former Recruits

As many others here probably do, I like to check up on guys we recruited out of HS that went elsewhere. A lot of them end up being pretty good players. You can look at it as the staff having an eye for talent if you want (that's how I usually like to think of it). Anyway, a few examples:

-Jared Terrell...we play him this weekend
-Jawun Evans...one of the best players in the Big XII as a SO for Oklahoma State
-Donovan Mitchell...one of the best players in the ACC as a SO for Louisville
-Elijah Stewart...is he a JR already? He had 30 in the opener for USC and looks like he's really becoming a heck of a player

I'm sure there are plenty others but these were some that stuck out off the top of my head. I was hoping people could add to this throughout the season as they see games on TV or random box scores.

Bearcat_NTS 11-15-2016 07:10 PM

Andrew Rowsey is off to a rough start at Marquette. In two games: 30 minutes, 2 points, 4 fouls, 0-5 on 3's.

Bearcat_NTS 11-15-2016 07:13 PM

Torian Graham who committed to Houston, went to Buffalo and then to Arizona State has started off great: 20.5 points and 6.5 rebounds shooting 16-23 (70%) from the field and 6-10 (60%) from three

mdchick 11-15-2016 08:34 PM

devontae graham I think we were recruiting him he is the best player on Kansas.

Chad Brendel 11-15-2016 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS (Post 150005)
Andrew Rowsey is off to a rough start at Marquette. In two games: 30 minutes, 2 points, 4 fouls, 0-5 on 3's.

One of the few that I was glad to see go elsewhere. Talked to a lot of folks that knew him well, and none were all that kind when speaking on him...

Chad Brendel 11-15-2016 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle (Post 150003)
As many others here probably do, I like to check up on guys we recruited out of HS that went elsewhere. A lot of them end up being pretty good players. You can look at it as the staff having an eye for talent if you want (that's how I usually like to think of it). Anyway, a few examples:

-Jawun Evans...one of the best players in the Big XII as a SO for Oklahoma State
-Elijah Stewart...is he a JR already? He had 30 in the opener for USC and looks like he's really becoming a heck of a player

I'm sure there are plenty others but these were some that stuck out off the top of my head. I was hoping people could add to this throughout the season as they see games on TV or random box scores.

Watching Mitchell blow up was painful. Loved that kid...

AZ BEARCAT 11-15-2016 09:34 PM

Quote:

Stewart came down to two visits after visiting UC. Sucks

AZ BEARCAT 11-15-2016 09:50 PM

Quote:

15 Donte Grantham F 6-8 215 JR Martinsburg, WV

AZ BEARCAT 11-15-2016 09:52 PM

Came out with Clark

AZ BEARCAT 11-15-2016 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchick (Post 150017)
devontae graham I think we were recruiting him he is the best player on Kansas.

Clemson Tigers