BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Alabama State (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=11938)

jacobkdoyle 11-24-2017 09:27 AM

Alabama State

Coach Previews Alabama State

jacobkdoyle 11-24-2017 09:46 AM

Monday night at 7.

They are #344 in KenPom and 0-6.

Alabama State 53
UC 99

justinhub2003 11-24-2017 02:01 PM

Oops didn’t see the preview posted in this thread.

anyway.

I want To see us get back to pushing the pace. Last two games were 66 possessions, so would like to see them work on playing faster and not turning it over.

This is a nice soft landing spot after 3 straight games and gives you a full 4 days to prep for the shootout.

I think our starters should all play 22+ minutes to keep the juices flowing. Want to see diarra get some good minutes too since he missed out on 3 games

juckerrules 11-24-2017 03:26 PM

UC 120 Alabama State 11

Seriously, it bothers me that X has (will have) games against Wisconsin & Arizona State under their belt while we have been fattening up on pastries.

The fact that the one team that gave us a game, Buffalo, got beat easily by South Dakota f...ing State does not inspire confidence.

I dream of Gary Clark smashing a blocked shot into Macura's smug mug & UC pounding X on their home floor....I want to see Bluiett cry...I want to see Chris Mack dirty his Depends.

I kind of wish Mick would start all subs against Alabama State,,,I think Brooks, Diarra or Nsoseme, Williams, Scott & Moore could beat them.....handily

juckerrules 11-24-2017 04:24 PM

free throws

Isn't it weird that, percentage-wise, the top 5 free throw shooters on this team are all the big guys, not any guards. Weird!

cincyguy13 11-24-2017 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juckerrules (Post 173551)
UC 120 Alabama State 11

Seriously, it bothers me that X has (will have) games against Wisconsin & Arizona State under their belt while we have been fattening up on pastries.

The fact that the one team that gave us a game, Buffalo, got beat easily by South Dakota f...ing State does not inspire confidence.

I dream of Gary Clark smashing a blocked shot into Macura's smug mug & UC pounding X on their home floor....I want to see Bluiett cry...I want to see Chris Mack dirty his Depends.

I kind of wish Mick would start all subs against Alabama State,,,I think Brooks, Diarra or Nsoseme, Williams, Scott & Moore could beat them.....handily

I’m with you on these games. They do nothing to help the team. Team just develops bad habits and someone could get hurt. Our bench could beat this team by 40. They have to do something about these games in the future. I get the reasons , money, home games, arena but figure it out. Why can Xavier play a better occ schedule than us every year. They played a home and home with Colorado and northern Iowa and we act like we are too good to do that. There are a ton of those types of teams looking for games. If we had a couple of those type games in place of these 300+ games, to go along with 3-4 big games and a tourney, we wouldn’t have to be at the mercy of our conference winning every occ game they play. It’s annoying. Want respect from the committee but play some of the worst teams in college b-ball by choice

BCM 11-26-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincyguy13 (Post 173554)
I’m with you on these games. They do nothing to help the team. Team just develops bad habits and someone could get hurt. Our bench could beat this team by 40. They have to do something about these games in the future. I get the reasons , money, home games, arena but figure it out. Why can Xavier play a better occ schedule than us every year. They played a home and home with Colorado and northern Iowa and we act like we are too good to do that. There are a ton of those types of teams looking for games. If we had a couple of those type games in place of these 300+ games, to go along with 3-4 big games and a tourney, we wouldn’t have to be at the mercy of our conference winning every occ game they play. It’s annoying. Want respect from the committee but play some of the worst teams in college b-ball by choice

After this season, I think we'll finally have that respect where other universities answer Mick's calls.

jacobkdoyle 11-26-2017 09:06 PM

waterhead 11-27-2017 08:19 AM

This is probably the last game the extended bench is going to see good minutes for 3 weeks. I hope we can get up 15 by midway in the first half so we can play all of our guys as much as possible. If we are coasting we should pull starters after they reach 20 minutes or so. We don't need injury and we do need to get some guys more experience.

Then take a 4-5 day break and come back and beat some eggs.

jacobkdoyle 11-27-2017 09:57 AM