BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Radio Show (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=11274)

jacobkdoyle 11-15-2016 01:23 PM

Radio Show

Does anyone know the schedule? Is there a show tonight?

JasonS 11-15-2016 01:25 PM

Wed./Nov. 9 – Montgomery Inn – 8 p.m. – WLW
Thurs./Nov. 17 – Montgomery Inn – 8 p.m. – WLW
Tues./Nov. 29 – Montgomery Inn – 8 p.m. – WSAI (FOX Sports 1360)
Thurs./Dec. 8 – Studio – 8 p.m. – WLW
Thurs./Dec. 15 – Studio – 8 p.m. – WLW
Wed./Dec. 21 – Studio – 8 p.m. – WLW
Thurs./Dec. 29 – Studio – 8 p.m. – WLW
Thurs./Jan. 5 – Montgomery Inn – 8 p.m. – WLW
Wed./Jan. 11 – Montgomery Inn – 8 p.m. – WLW
Mon./Jan. 16 – Montgomery Inn – 8 p.m. – WLW
Tues./Jan. 24 – Montgomery Inn – 8 p.m. – WLW
Mon./Jan. 30 – Montgomery Inn – 8 p.m. – WLW
Mon./Feb. 6 – Montgomery Inn – 8 p.m. – WLW
Mon./Feb. 13 – Montgomery Inn – 8 p.m. – WLW
Mon./Feb. 20 – Montgomery Inn – 8 p.m. – WLW
Mon./Feb. 27 – Montgomery Inn – 8 p.m. – WLW
Mon./Mar. 6 – Montgomery Inn – 8 p.m. – WLW
Mon./Mar. 13 – Montgomery Inn – 8 p.m. – WLW*
Mon./Mar. 20 – Montgomery Inn – 8 p.m. – WLW*
Mon./Mar. 27 – Montgomery Inn – 8 p.m. – WLW*
Tues./Apr. 4 – Montgomery Inn – 8 p.m. – WLW*

jacobkdoyle 11-15-2016 01:28 PM

Beautiful. Thanks! That's a great reference.

jacobkdoyle 11-17-2016 05:29 PM

Show tonight.

jacobkdoyle 11-17-2016 07:23 PM

Who the hell is Tyler?

jacobkdoyle 11-29-2016 10:01 AM

Show tonight on 1360.

jacobkdoyle 11-29-2016 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle (Post 151917)
Show tonight on 1360.

Is this right?

jacobkdoyle 11-29-2016 07:08 PM

It's on 1530.

jacobkdoyle 11-29-2016 07:38 PM

Lots of talk about embracing ball movement and continuing to evolve offensively.

jacobkdoyle 12-01-2016 01:57 PM

Did anyone else hear Coach Cronin talking about Cumberland being used to high school where after games he'd go home and have his mom make him mac and cheese? Haha that's the second time he's mentioned Cumberland's diet. The first time he said something along the lines of "Oh, that's a whole other thing" and talked about him growing up eating chicken fingers and fries. Lol that explains why he's so big for his age. He's going to be such a good college player the more he gets in shape.

jacobkdoyle 12-15-2016 05:01 PM

@GoBEARCATS
Calling all #Bearcats fans! Listen in to @700wlw at 8 p.m. for all things @GoBearcatsMBB. The @CoachCroninUC will be live in the studio! https://t.co/5aCnV9VuGg

jacobkdoyle 12-21-2016 01:47 PM

Show tonight. Hopefully everyone listens bc there will be a quiz afterwards.

Bearcat_NTS 12-21-2016 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle (Post 154987)
Show tonight. Hopefully everyone listens bc there will be a quiz afterwards.

To point out every inaccurate thing Mick says?

JackBauer151 12-21-2016 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS (Post 154989)
To point out every inaccurate thing Mick says?

No Mick tonight. Troy, KJ, and Coach Savino will be filling in.

Bearcat_NTS 12-21-2016 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackBauer151 (Post 154993)

Great. Thanks for the update. Look forward to hearing from the kids.

prancer 12-21-2016 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackBauer151 (Post 154993)

Does that usually mean Mick is out recruiting?

jacobkdoyle 01-05-2017 10:17 AM

Show tonight. Last week was great bc it was in the studio with just Dan and Coach Cronin...back to Montgomery Inn this week. I'll have to miss it bc I'm going to the New Mexico State vs UMKC game tonight (very exciting I know). Would be appreciated if someone could post any notes from it. If not, no big deal I'll try to listen tomorrow.

justinhub2003 01-05-2017 12:39 PM

I think you can also listen the next day on I heart radio

jacobkdoyle 01-05-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinhub2003 (Post 156414)
I think you can also listen the next day on I heart radio

Yep.

http://700wlw.iheart.com/media/podca...how-UCcoaches/

Sometimes the ones at Montgomery Inn don't have much substance. But it is nice that they cut the commercials out when they post it.

BearcatRip 01-05-2017 02:03 PM

Last show, I actually listened to it 10 minutes after it ended. That's how quick it was up.

jacobkdoyle 01-11-2017 09:08 AM

Show tonight.

jacobkdoyle 01-17-2017 01:07 PM

Good show last night.

#BearcatNation 01-17-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle (Post 157912)
Good show last night.

Anything stick out?

jacobkdoyle 01-17-2017 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BearcatNation (Post 157919)
Anything stick out?

Spoke highly of Brooks. Washington and Evans want to learn. Was disappointed in execution and it will be addressed.

I like how Brooks is getting recognition for playing well. He's way better than I could've guessed for a FR.

waterhead 01-17-2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle (Post 157922)
Spoke highly of Brooks. Washington and Evans want to learn. Was disappointed in execution and it will be addressed.

I like how Brooks is getting recognition for playing well. He's way better than I could've guessed for a FR.

He's certainly giving us more than I thought he would. He's more agile than I thought and he's not as raw on offense as I was expecting. He's pretty coordinated. He will be ready to contribute a lot after Clark and Washington leave. Same with Scott.

juckerrules 01-17-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterhead (Post 157924)
He's certainly giving us more than I thought he would. He's more agile than I thought and he's not as raw on offense as I was expecting. He's pretty coordinated. He will be ready to contribute a lot after Clark and Washington leave. Same with Scott.

Yep, the exciting part is they will have another year with Clark & Washington, so plenty of time for Nsoseme to develop...the pipeline seems to be flowing well

jacobkdoyle 01-30-2017 10:56 AM

@Dan_Hoard
Coach Cronin will miss tonight's radio show but Gary Clark and Kyle Washington will be there. Join us from 8-9 at original @MontgomeryInn_ https://t.co/u7XCJuga9P

jacobkdoyle 01-31-2017 12:00 PM

INCREDIBLE radio show last night. Coach Davis, Clark, and Washington were awesome. Washington's knowledge of every D1 mascot blew my mind. I thought I knew a lot of them, but my goodness. What a wiz.

jacobkdoyle 02-13-2017 04:59 PM

@Dan_Hoard
Reasons to attend the @CoachCroninUCshow:
1. #Bearcats are 22-3
2. Ribs
3. Chuck's unintentional comedy
See you at the @MontgomeryInn_ at 8

GarradJ21 02-14-2017 08:36 AM

That was so dope hearing Cronin call out all "top 16" teams on the radio show.

Bearcat513 02-14-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarradJ21 (Post 161274)

Lol did he say anything about the top 16 excluding the BE? Remember him saying after Butler that he won't play the BE again because their refs call the games so poorly.

2bearcatdad 02-14-2017 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat513 (Post 161280)
Lol did he say anything about the top 16 excluding the BE? Remember him saying after Butler that he won't play the BE again because their refs call the games so poorly.

He did say that, but didn't reiterate that last night. He essentially said he would play any of the top 16 teams in a home & home arrangement so the pollsters have more 'data points' to evaluate our program.

He then told Dan not to hold his breath waiting for the phone to ring.

Pretty good stuff actually.

waterhead 02-14-2017 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarradJ21 (Post 161274)

Dope is probably a good word for it...

Edit...I didn't listen but if he was calling out the committee...I don't think it's a smart move

GarradJ21 02-14-2017 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterhead (Post 161283)
Dope is probably a good word for it...

Edit...I didn't listen but if he was calling out the committee...I don't think it's a smart move

Who cares. He's not the first to call them out and won't be the last. We will get shafted as always no matter if he praises them or criticizes them. You can't be scared. Cincinnati mentality, don't back don't and be a little b**** to them.

waterhead 02-14-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarradJ21 (Post 161284)
Who cares. He's not the first to call them out and won't be the last. We will get shafted as always no matter if he praises them or criticizes them. You can't be scared. Cincinnati mentality, don't back don't and be a little b**** to them.

I care. I don't know if you have been watching UC basketball very long but we haven't made a final four in 25 years. Getting the shaft from the committee hasn't exactly worked in our favor. I prefer being Bobby Fischer in a mental chess match with the committee or the refs. There is more than one way to make them our B--ch!

"hey the committee has a tough job...I wouldn't want to make those decisions...but our resume is top 16 worthy and here is why"

"hey the refs have to make calls in real time which is hard to do sometimes...but I bet they would like to go back and review some calls in this game"

This is how you play the chess match...not by berating them. But hey...our coach can do the same things over and over and expect different results. I love listening to Cronin as a UC fan (he wears his heart on his sleeve)...that doesn't mean I think he is always smart about his comments.

jacobkdoyle 02-14-2017 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterhead (Post 161285)
I care. I don't know if you have been watching UC basketball very long but we haven't made a final four in 25 years. Getting the shaft from the committee hasn't exactly worked in our favor. I prefer being Bobby Fischer in a mental chess match with the committee or the refs. There is more than one way to make them our B--ch!

"hey the committee has a tough job...I wouldn't want to make those decisions...but our resume is top 16 worthy and here is why"

"hey the refs have to make calls in real time which is hard to do sometimes...but I bet they would like to go back and review some calls in this game"

This is how you play the chess match...not by berating them. But hey...our coach can do the same things over and over and expect different results. I love listening to Cronin as a UC fan (he wears his heart on his sleeve)...that doesn't mean I think he is always smart about his comments.

It wasn't as dramatic as it sounds. He talked for a long time about all of it and said the committee has a tough job and they don't go into it trying to screw anyone. He was just saying there is a human element to it, and human biases come into play no matter what. His offer about the Top 16 was a home and home and we'd go to their place first. And he tells the ESPN people that we'll play anyone to get a big game.

waterhead 02-14-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle (Post 161290)
It wasn't as dramatic as it sounds. He talked for a long time about all of it and said the committee has a tough job and they don't go into it trying to screw anyone. He was just saying there is a human element to it, and human biases come into play no matter what. His offer about the Top 16 was a home and home and we'd go to their place first. And he tells the ESPN people that we'll play anyone to get a big game.

That doesn't sound too bad then. I think that is reasonable. Thanks for clarifying.

cincyguy13 02-14-2017 11:43 AM

A top 16 team isn't going to do that. They don't have to, so why would they. He knows that. I wouldn't mind just taking a road game against one of them. Especially next year if we could get one. It couldn't hurt, and we should have a pretty good team. Don't really know enough about the scheduling process tho.

jacobkdoyle 02-14-2017 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincyguy13 (Post 161297)
A top 16 team isn't going to do that. They don't have to, so why would they. He knows that. I wouldn't mind just taking a road game against one of them. Especially next year if we could get one. It couldn't hurt, and we should have a pretty good team. Don't really know enough about the scheduling process tho.

I'd like to keep something going with the Butler and Iowa State types. Maybe do something with Rhode Island since Cronin is friends with Hurley. Maybe get a home and home with a KState, or see if Pastner wants to play us or something. Doesn't have to be the top teams, but there are others in our boat when it comes to scheduling. If Wichita State isn't in the AAC I wouldnt mind playing them, or a Loyola, or Illinois State or something.

cincyguy13 02-14-2017 11:57 AM

yeah, teams like Creighton or Saint Mary's. Get some of these teams, a decent Tourney, and maybe take a road game against one of the big boys (if you can find one). Playing those terrible teams doesn't help when our league is also terrible. I want respect too, but I understand people not giving us any