BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Houston (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12060)

Jon Rycek 03-11-2018 01:17 AM

Houston

Game starts at -4.5

I think the real key to the game tomorrow is shutting down Rob Gray, which we did very well in the first game, and still pretty well in the second. We seem to be a real problem for him this year. Bearcats walk away with a their second championship this season tomorrow. 74-69

Bearcat21 03-11-2018 03:45 AM

From an offensive perspective, it would be nice to see Jacob have a good game tomorrow to build momentum going into tournament (35% from the field over the last his 12 games). Many people have already mentioned it, but Cumberland's vision has been superb of late (5.4 assists per game over his last 5).

Queens_NYC 03-11-2018 07:10 AM

If we stay out of foul trouble early on then I like our chances to hang with Houston in the first half and then wear them down in the second half.

I think we win 72-68.

Chris Mack's Father 03-11-2018 07:25 AM

Cumberland is looking amazing...his floor vision is un-matched. If we can stop Gray i predict a 73-65 UC win.

WAITE HOYT 2 03-11-2018 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Mack's Father (Post 186870)
Cumberland is looking amazing...his floor vision is un-matched. If we can stop Gray i predict a 73-65 UC win.

Cumberland's all around game has taken a step forward. He has replaced his charging calls with assist. His defense has been good and he boards better. If he would make a few more Free throws he would be the whole package.

justinhub2003 03-11-2018 09:11 AM

Less concerned with shutting down rob gray, way more concerned with shutting down the elite 3 point shooting of Corey Davis and Armoni Brooks.

Jon Rycek 03-11-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat21 (Post 186866)
From an offensive perspective, it would be nice to see Jacob have a good game tomorrow to build momentum going into tournament (35% from the field over the last his 12 games). Many people have already mentioned it, but Cumberland's vision has been superb of late (5.4 assists per game over his last 5).

Couldn't agree more, would love to see Evans have a big game today. He could be the X factor going into the tourney. A lot of the rest of the team seems to be really clicking, turning that around could change a lot

david aka the TYZ 03-11-2018 12:01 PM

Need the refs to call fouls that are fouls and need to actually hit open shots. I think this team will finally come to play today as it doesn't appear they did Friday or Saturday. I think there's enough motivation to get back for that loss to Houston and to win a trophy. Looking forward to it

juckerrules 03-11-2018 01:20 PM

The teams know each other quite well by now. If I’m Mick, my entire pregame prep speech is “get out there and kick some ass “

cincycpaw 03-11-2018 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juckerrules (Post 186904)
The teams know each other quite well by now. If I’m Mick, my entire pregame prep speech is “get out there and kick some ass “

Clearly not enough F-bombs. You’re fired