BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Football (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Bowl Games (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=11962)

jacobkdoyle 12-30-2017 02:03 PM

Bowl Games

Tommy Tuberville on one channel, obnoxious cowbells on the other...

Jon Rycek 12-30-2017 02:05 PM

Better than that OSU game last night. Any thoughts on the second drive by USC, was that a catch??

jacobkdoyle 12-30-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Rycek (Post 177075)
Better than that OSU game last night. Any thoughts on the second drive by USC, was that a catch??

It looked way closer on the replay than in real speed. I didn't have a problem with them not overturning it though. That game was frustrating. 4 trips inside the 20 for USC and 7 points.

WAITE HOYT 2 12-30-2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle (Post 177080)
It looked way closer on the replay than in real speed. I didn't have a problem with them not overturning it though. That game was frustrating. 4 trips inside the 20 for USC and 7 points.

The Buckeyes dominated up front with their defensive front. Was very disappointed in their offense though. Nice to see JT get the win in Texas in front of many of his hometown fans.

Jon Rycek 12-30-2017 02:33 PM

Yeah I loved how they tried the whole should OSU have been in the palayoff narrative after the game. Their offense looked horrible most of the game, only one solid drive. Their defense was shut down, but they also had a 17-0 lead right away and USC was trying to dig themselves out of a hole the whole game. I thought they looked really good starting out those first couple drives, then the fumble, then the catch, I truly believe should have been a catch, they guy clearly pulled the ball out after the guy was down, dropping the ball on your own is one thing after a catch and fall but having the guy rip the ball out, they play should be dead the moment his butt or whatever hit the ground. Then a pick six, I just didn't think either team really looked all that great. OSU just got really luck will some good field position and scores off turnovers.

WAITE HOYT 2 12-30-2017 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Rycek (Post 177088)
Yeah I loved how they tried the whole should OSU have been in the palayoff narrative after the game. Their offense looked horrible most of the game, only one solid drive. Their defense was shut down, but they also had a 17-0 lead right away and USC was trying to dig themselves out of a hole the whole game. I thought they looked really good starting out those first couple drives, then the fumble, then the catch, I truly believe should have been a catch, they guy clearly pulled the ball out after the guy was down, dropping the ball on your own is one thing after a catch and fall but having the guy rip the ball out, they play should be dead the moment his butt or whatever hit the ground. Then a pick six, I just didn't think either team really looked all that great. OSU just got really luck will some good field position and scores off turnovers.

Have no issue them not making the playoff. The Iowa game was as ugly as it gets. You give up 55 points to a unranked opponent in a loss and you are not making the final 4. I thought the ball was coming loose. The Buckeyes defensive front won the game. 8 sacks two of the strip variety. Your not winning throwing a pick 6 and giving up fumbles all over the field. Darnall was terrible. I hardly think TOSU winning was luck.

jacobkdoyle 01-01-2018 09:26 AM

Who does everyone have today?

WAITE HOYT 2 01-01-2018 09:58 AM

I like Clemson and Georgia.

jacobkdoyle 01-01-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 (Post 177282)
I like Clemson and Georgia.

I'm going Clemson and Oklahoma

WAITE HOYT 2 01-01-2018 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle (Post 177287)
I'm going Clemson and Oklahoma

I struggled not taking Oklahoma. Their offense is very good in all phases.