BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   @Houston (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12028)

jacobkdoyle 02-11-2018 10:01 PM

@Houston

Game is Thursday night at 7 PM on CBS Sports Network

jacobkdoyle 02-11-2018 10:38 PM

@Joseph_Duarte
Houston coach Kelvin Sampson on next game against unbeaten AAC leader Cincinnati: "They're not a hard team to prepare for. They're just a monster to play."

jacobkdoyle 02-11-2018 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle (Post 183081)
@Joseph_Duarte
Houston coach Kelvin Sampson on next game against unbeaten AAC leader Cincinnati: "They're not a hard team to prepare for. They're just a monster to play."

He seems like he really respects our program.

jacobkdoyle 02-11-2018 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle (Post 183081)
@Joseph_Duarte

Some people are viewing this as disrespect. I really don't see it that way. Especially based on what he's said about us before.

UCalum08 02-12-2018 07:00 AM

Yeah, I think he has plenty if respect for us. Personally, I don't like listening to him talk in general, just very very dry.

I love that players like Rob Gray are already saying they are ready for the rematch game with us etc etc. I am already getting hyped for this game and our guys to bring it.

Bearcat513 02-12-2018 07:07 AM

This game worries me. Houston knows they can get out and score on us. They won't be intimidated at all. Starting slow is absolutely got an option here.

The one plus is Houston is not playing in their own arena since it's being renovated. They will do everything they can to fill the seats but I don't think their attendance has been great this season. I think we are the better team but being on the road worries me. Definitely, need to shoot the 3 ball better while on the road.

Think we get the W but it's a close one. 64-58 Cats.

UCalum08 02-12-2018 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat513 (Post 183089)
This game worries me. Houston knows they can get out and score on us. They won't be intimidated at all. Starting slow is absolutely got an option here.

The one plus is Houston is not playing in their own arena since it's being renovated. They will do everything they can to fill the seats but I don't think their attendance has been great this season. I think we are the better team but being on the road worries me. Definitely, need to shoot the 3 ball better while on the road.

Think we get the W but it's a close one. 64-58 Cats.

Their fan support is a joke. I think the UH players have learned how to play without the juice of their fans. This game is a 6 pm game for Houston time on a weekday. I'm not worried at all about their crowd. Time to shut these guys up.

cincyguy13 02-12-2018 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle (Post 183083)
Some people are viewing this as disrespect. I really don't see it that way. Especially based on what he's said about us before.

I agree. I seen people on twitter getting upset with this quote. Did not understand it. Also, coaches aren't going to disrespect any other team, especially 4 days before they play them.

WAITE HOYT 2 02-12-2018 07:30 AM

He is complementing us on how hard we play.

GarradJ21 02-12-2018 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCalum08 (Post 183090)
Their fan support is a joke. I think the UH players have learned how to play without the juice of their fans. This game is a 6 pm game for Houston time on a weekday. I'm not worried at all about their crowd. Time to shut these guys up.

Yes, too much of an NBA town

I love how Sampson respects Cincy and Cronin,