BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Around the Country (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=10378)

Bearcat_NTS 01-04-2017 08:24 PM

Iowa State up 52-49 at under 12 timeout. This would be a monumental win.

justinhub2003 01-04-2017 08:34 PM

Crazy day of two undefeated teams fall

UCalum08 01-04-2017 08:46 PM

Last two offensive possessionso for ISU where terrible. Did absolutely nothing for 25 seconds then took bad shots.

juckerrules 01-04-2017 08:50 PM

Iowa St. this year is like UC last year, losing all the close games - lost by 2 to Gonzaga, by 1 to UC in OT, to Baylor in last few seconds

jacobkdoyle 01-04-2017 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juckerrules (Post 156377)
Iowa St. this year is like UC last year, losing all the close games - lost by 2 to Gonzaga, by 1 to UC in OT, to Baylor in last few seconds

Pretty encouraging that they can play it that close on the road though. I was having doubts about them making the tournament.

coachpipe 01-05-2017 06:19 AM

The ending to Iowa State was awful. You could tell they wanted to get the ball to Burton, but he was too busy trying to set a screen for someone instead of positioning himself to get the ball. Once Morris saw Burton had no intention to even try and get the ball, he then tried getting to the hoop throwing up an iffy shot at the buzzer. Thats what they came up with after a time out?

UCalum08 01-05-2017 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachpipe (Post 156388)
The ending to Iowa State was awful. You could tell they wanted to get the ball to Burton, but he was too busy trying to set a screen for someone instead of positioning himself to get the ball. Once Morris saw Burton had no intention to even try and get the ball, he then tried getting to the hoop throwing up an iffy shot at the buzzer. Thats what they came up with after a time out?

Their final 3 possessions were awful. The two before the final one, they literally stayed above the 3 point line and settled for a terrible shot. (I know we all can relate) The final possession was just what you said. Just bad.

GarradJ21 01-05-2017 08:02 AM

I think we can truly say after watching all these college bball teams, we can compete with anyone. I think 1-60 there's not much separation. Just keep winning and good things will happen. We cant control the conference we are in right now. It is what it is, but lets just take care of business. We need to position ourselves for a top 4 seed to make it easier on us. This Saturday is huge.

We have been in every game. We lost to Butler by 10, the number 1 team lost to Butler by 8. We beat ISU at ISU, ISU lost to the number 4 team by 2. I mean we can do this all day, but it just shows you how even the playing field is.

jacobkdoyle 01-06-2017 06:17 PM

http://www.midmajormadness.com/2017/...gies-umkc-roos

Found this article kind of funny. I was reading it bc I was at that game last night. A couple interesting quotes from the New Mexico State coach:

“Part of the reason Braxton [Huggins] and even Sidy [N’Dir] started playing more was when we started looking at the numbers we realized good things were happening when they were on the court,” he said after the UMKC win. “And that’s really what it comes down to for me. I’m not here to play somebody I like more or want them to feel good. I just want to play the best guys that help us win the game.”

“We have to find a way to get the possession count up and not get stuck in a 54-52 game, where a bad call, or a missed layup, or missed free throw, or made three-point prayer or whatever happens to go down can lose you a game,” he said. “My job is to try and utilize our talent as best we can, and that’s playing our depth, playing up and down and getting the possession count as high as we can so our players can show who we are.”

UCalum08 01-07-2017 02:03 PM

Penn St with a nice win over Mich St. They look like a different team compared to the one we faced in Nov.