View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 09:16 AM   #48
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
The more I think about this the more I say yah but...

Keith is getting in the lane and making a high %. If it's so easy vs teams that have no bigs or elite defenders then we should see all the wings/guards doing it. Maybe Evans would? He's the guy that's been asked to be more assertive in that area. But he's not even close to Keith right now in that category. I do see Keith having less success vs better teams (in terms of %) but that goes for every player trying the same things. Based on the information right now (and watching actual footage) I think Keith will be just fine and maybe stay above 50% all year. Right now he's at 77% from 2 in real games. He's attempting more 2's and making more of them than anyone.

If there is a concern that his % will drop when he hits better competition...the same will hold true for the other players. The only 2's it looks like Evans is going to shoot are put backs and break opportunities. He's not even trying to get to the hole in a half court set. I am okay with that. I think Evans can just do what he does and maybe even increase his 3 point attempts.

I mean Evans just isn't a get to the rim player. No matter how much a coach or anybody else can want him to be, he isn't. He doesn't have that step of explosion or the handling to beat the man in front of him (sorry but true)

I didn't talk about Williams' shooting % though I talked about his decision making. When he gets cuts off, cause he will get cut off, what does he do? Will he be disciplined and find the open guy? Will he force up a bad shot? Will be be stubborn and over penetrate into a turnover. This is stuff we're only gonna find out by seeing it. As long as there is growth along the way its all good.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote