View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 02:56 PM   #1424
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
You're always looking for a great player. You're always looking to upgrade your talent. You're never done recruiting. Chad said as much on this site in the last day or so and he's right. The staff doesn't want to, and won't, just add a player to have another body. If they aren't high on what he would bring to the team to help this year, I don't think they were that interested. There is a lot of talent in the 2017 class. I would rather take my chances with what we have this year and potentially utilize more scholarships in the 2017 class than be stuck with an average player for seasons beyond this one.

I think this season all comes down to health. If Gary, Troy and Jacob can stay healthy this year, this team will be very good. If not, it doesn't really matter who you bring in at this point.
I'm not sure I buy that it's all on Caupain, Evans, and Clark. Ideally it would be. But Who's to say Cumberland couldn't break out if Evans went down, like Evans did this past year? Or Washington if Clark went down? If that happens, we'll also be forced to regularly go small or count on Brooks and or Scott who have no D1 experience. The whole benefit of a grad transfer would've been that it has no impact at all on 2017, and in the case of an injury, foul trouble, what have you, you could turn to someone who at the very least has played 100 D1 games before. I'd feel much safer having that as a fallback, even if they aren't a great player, than hoping to God that someone like Scott would be capable of playing heavy minutes and even being forced to play the 3 in a crunch.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote