Thread: Reds/MLB
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #9
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
The thing with Votto is it wasn't that he had a good year or bad year. The question is did he maximize his abilities to best help the team? Joey had a good year. He set the Reds all-time record for times on base. That's not a stat you can downplay no matter how you try. But the fact of the matter is Votto doesn't do as good a job at being aggressive at the plate when guys are on base. For the better part of the year Phillips and Bruce did an outstanding job at driving in runs and Votto and Choo got on base alot to create those scoring opportunities. He did however give away alot of opportunities to drive runs in himself by drawing walks when he could've swung outside the strikezone to get hits. He just needs to be more of aware of situations where the team needs his talent at swinging the bat to swing the bat. He's the best hitter on the team by far. Skillwise you might could argue he's the best hitter in baseball period. I would probably put Cabrera ahead of him at least, but that doesn't matter. Point is your best hitter needs to be swinging the bat. I think Votto will be fine. He takes his craft very seriously and I think will hear the criticism and make adjustments.