Thread: Cumberland
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 10:10 AM   #3
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
I feel pretty much the same way. While he isn't the most athletic player on the roster, he just has a knack for making plays. Reminds me of Larry Birds game. Not a lot of flash just in the right spot and makes plays. Even on defense he seems to be very disruptive and gets his hands on a lot of balls. I agree he does need to cut down on his fouls but I suspect he will, simply by understanding the college game a bit better. Very excited to see if he has slimmed down in the off season. Having a year in our conditioning program should do wonders for him.

Broome is going to add so much to this team if he can keep the TO's to a acceptable rate. His ability to get to the rim and either score or dish is going to impact every other player on the floor. His abilities will leave guys wide open and as the opposing bigs try and play help defense on him it should open a ton more offensive rebounding opportunities for Gary Clark and company. I expect to see a bunch of put back slams this year. This by far should be our most exciting team in the Cronin era.
I agree. The fans will certainly have more fun watching the product. There will almost certainly be a faster pace, more high flying dunks, and more exciting plays in general. Wins will always be most important but getting the fans excited to come out and watch can be a nice lift for the players.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote