View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 07:06 AM   #41
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Over half of our games aren't going to be that "meaningful"(/challenging). What kind of experience do these guys have a chance to get when we're drilling teams? That's what matters imo for young bench guys. Maybe 7 is too many but if the FR are better than the guys already here, they should pass them up on the depth chart. So instead of redshirt, we might see guys ride the bench and decide to transfer. Obviously no one prefers that, but I wouldn't totally rule it out.

Again though, it'll play itself out. When the time comes, the situation for each player will become more clear.
If we don't redshirt anyone I assume that would mean very good things and that all players are considered useful for this year in some significant way. I don't mind the option of not red shirting at all. I am just betting we might at least red shirt one big.

If Nsoseme can really get after the boards, can be an eraser at the rim, and can bang inside and even switch outside...he is going to be very useful for Cronin's D. We won't need a lot of points from our back up bigs this year.

More power to the new comers...I hope none of them have to redshirt and all can see some significant minutes. It will be tough getting all 13 guys enough minutes to be helpful to them.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote