View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 09:34 AM   #10
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Losing Troy will hurt. He plays 30 minutes or more every game and his T/O ratio is one of the best in the country. Broome will need to take care of the ball. He has had problems with that at Scared Heart. Having him practicing with the team now will certainly help that but until you do it in the games......
I agree. A lot of people are excited for Broome, and for good reason. He brings things Caupain cannot - faster pace, more dribble penetration (something this team really needs). I would love to see them run some pick and roll/pick and pop action - both bigs can catch the ball & would be dangerous rolling to the hoop; they can also both shoot and would be dangerous if left open on the pop. They could run 1-3 PnR with Cumberland or Evans as well. The only thing stopping them now is that Caupain is not quick enough to be effective as the ball handler on the PnR.

All that said, Caupain is super, super solid with the ball in his hands. He doesn't turn it over, he makes few terrible choices, and he has a great sense for the game - he knows when to shoot more, when to pass more, and never gets out of control. Those things seem like a given because he is so good at them, but I guarantee there will be moment next year when we miss them.
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote