View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 11:56 PM   #8
Rocky Mountain Shock

Rocky Mountain Shock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
With out looking at other teams in the top 25 as much, I think UC could be 12-15 and WSU 10-20

I'm kinda torn on WSU. Kenpom wise they were top 10 but they failed to beat any good team in the non conference. I think they are top 20 but not top 10 until I see them make some noise against good teams.
Yeah, we lost to Louisville, Michigan State (we should have beat them), and Oklahoma State (kicked our ass) in the nonconference portion of our schedule. This was all before January, when the team was still trying to figure themselves out. We lost 4 starters--two of them NBA guys and some of the most iconic players in program history--from the previous year, so it took awhile for the team to come together. It seemed like the turning point was when Conner Frankamp and Landry Shamet switched roles in late December, with Shamet taking over as the PG and Frankamp playing off guard.

I understand the skepticism, which is why playing in the AAC is a game changer for us. We now have games after December that mean something. For what it's worth, remember in the tournament, we lost to 2 seed Kentucky by three. UCLA, a 3 seed, lost to them by 11.
Rocky Mountain Shock is offline   Reply With Quote