Thread: Reds/MLB
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 06:38 AM   #6
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie hustle View Post
agreed. i'm hoping this little challenge he set up for himself has been fulfilled. we get it Votto, you have a good eye and are patient at the plate. 73 RBIs isn't gonna cut it. if everyone on the team had that approach, it would be beautiful, but they don't, so it's not.

I slightly disagree here. As hard as it might be to believe, Reds have had a top 3 bench in MLB last 3 years, in terms of BA. And as far as gloves go, we'd be hard-pressed to find a more solid glove off the bench than Jack Hannahan.

Reds need to replace the hitting coach. Simple as that. This roster is too talented to consistently have a sub .260 BA, sub .250 this year. Brook Jacoby was an overall average hitter throughout his career. Not a single silver slugger to his name. IMO, the Reds' hitting coach prerequisites should include a silver slugger.

How about:
Carney Lansford?? (career .290, silver slugger)
Barry Larkin (career .295, 9× Silver Slugger)? come back to Cincy, Barry.
Dante Bichette? (career .299, silver slugger) oh and look at that, he just announced he's not returning to the Rockies in 2014. hmmm....
get on the phone, Walt.
Votto had a very down year..but far from bad. And yesterday looking at some fan graphs I found something that surprised me. Votto actually led the entire National League in runs created. So maybe the value of the RBI is weighted way to high for the majority of fans. Paul Goldschmidt led the national league in RBI and was still behind Votto for runs created
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote