View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #24
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Today I caught up with Lamar Dawson (Boyle County, KY) regarding his recruitment. He informed me Florida came to his school on Thursday of last week and offered him a scholarship. Since the last time we talked, he has received offers from Oregon and Michigan.

Lamar tries to contact each of the schools on a weekly basis. I asked him which of the schools were recruiting him the hardest and he said, "Louisville." He plans to narrow his list of schools to a "Top Seven" after the summer and won't make a decision until after his senior season.

Lamar informed me Kentucky, Louisville, Oregon, Michigan, Western Kentucky, Illinois, Purdue, Cincinnati, Texas Tech, Florida, Vanderbilt, Stanford and Tennessee all visited his school recently.

I asked Lamar about attending camps this summer and he told me he was "unsure" of which ones he will attend, but likely attend a few. When asked about the attention he is receiving he replied, "I'm enjoying it, it's a once in a lifetime thing."

A lot of people feel Lamar is Kentucky's to lose because of Chuck Smith's relationship at Boyle County. However, his recruitment is far from over and he is not tipping his hat one way or another. One thing is certain, Joker has been recruiting Dawson for a long time and if Charlie Strong is able to secure his commitment, it will only add more intensity to the rivalry.

http://aaronsukfootballblog.blogspot.com/
swg is offline   Reply With Quote