View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 09:33 AM   #6
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Keep in mind that by November, Cane will have been practicing with the team for over a year. The team has been building chemistry with Cane the entire past season. It will certainly be different from Troy running the point, but I'm not too sure I'm worried about overall chemistry. I don't expect Williams, Moore, or Nsoseme to play much next year, so everyone on the court will have been together for a little while now.

Next year needs to be an eye-opening year for the national folks. Analysts, committee voters, recruits, etc. need to take notice. I'm talking Top 10. Like you said, Clark and Washington leaving after next year is a big worry. Evans may declare for the draft after next season, too. I think it's fair to think 2018-19 will be a bit of a rebuilding/reloading year. For that to go over smoothly, we've got to capitalize on next year, so that we're able to bring in solid recruits/transfers for 2018/2019, and continue momentum.
I think this is certainly a good point but he will have the ball in his hands the most and if he likes to be the main attraction it could be a slight problem with some of the other guys who want to score. Chemistry is not a given. I think it was Chad that quoted Broome as saying something to the effect "It's not in my makeup for me to score less than 15 PPG".

That's not what Troy was about...but if the other guys get plenty of opportunities it should be fine. That will probably have to come with higher tempo. Obviously Gary has never demanded the ball and we all wish Evans was more aggressive looking for shots. I don't necessarily want this to be the Cane and Kyle show...guys who want to shoot every time they get the ball. We will need balance again. Cumberland should be plenty aggressive with his touches.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote