View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 10:13 AM   #1
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Red Shirt Options

We aren't red shirting Evans, Cumberland, Washington, Clark, Q Moore, Scott, Brooks, Broome, Jenifer. Not happening.

The options would be Nsoseme, Diarra, T Moore, and Williams.

I think we should definitely red shirt a big. We absolutely do NOT need 7 bigs on the roster given that we can also play small ball in emergency. I don't really like the idea of red shirting a project/role player and taking up an extra year of schollie. That would be Nsoseme IMO. Unless Diarra provides a significant improvement over Scott...I would choose Diarra this year. He has the highest ceiling and we don't want to waste a year of it playing him 5 minutes per game IMO. If he is significantly better than Scott...then I say let him play and give him decent minutes.

On the wing we don't have a lot of depth but we do have the option of playing Jenifer and moving over Broome in emergency. If we let Williams or T Moore play this year we have 2 back up options on the wing (including the Jenifer/Broome option). We still may be a little thin on the wing for my taste. I would probably choose not to red shirt a wing...but if we did I would probably go with Moore. Williams seems like the most ready of the two. T Moore has been heating up the summer league but not due to his 3 ball. That means he may have something more to offer (although we can't take much from summer league). He's getting to the line a lot which means he's been pretty aggressive at going to the rim. I like that. If we choose a wing to red shirt I would pick Moore and let him develop to be more than just a 3 point guy (which he's not currently lighting it up at).

Who would you select?
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote