Thread: @Miami (OH)
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 04:04 PM   #54
UCTIMMY

UCTIMMY is on a distinguished road
Defense has been a pleasant surprise. Offense needs a lift.

At RB, Doaks is the top runner in my opinion. Doaks is a tough runner who can run inside or out. Boone and Warren need to play in a backup role. Boone is a work horse, but his size and durability come into play. Warren is young and improving and will be a great one for UC.

At QB, I'd open it up competition and include Sopko and Ridder. I fail to see why the QB race was only between Trail and Moore. The offense hasn't put it together. It's not all the QB's fault as the play calling has been vanilla in game against Austin Peay, tough opponent in game Michigan, and a lot of dropped passes in game against Miami. Sopko and Ridder are both capable and ready.

At WR, I'd open it up completely. Lewis is proven and has flashed some excellent skills. Geddis is a speedster who needs more touches. Gray is a top notch receiver who needs to wake up. I'd love to get a better look at Medaris who ran excellent routes and looked really good in his limited opportunities. Fickell needs to consider taking off the red shirt and playing Freshman Hawes who is another speedster, Naber who is dependable and sure handed, and Cloud who is thick and tough to bring down after catch. Summers is another receiver who needs to get a look, but injury has him on the shelf.
UCTIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote