View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 02:24 PM   #1423
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Maybe. I think we all know that we're not looking for a great player though. At some point, the staff failed to get the roster to 12 players. If it's too hard in the spring, then we need to do better in the fall to avoid being in this pinch. It's not the biggest deal in the world, but the reality is that we are a player short. Point to whatever you'd like, but the fact remains.
You're always looking for a great player. You're always looking to upgrade your talent. You're never done recruiting. Chad said as much on this site in the last day or so and he's right. The staff doesn't want to, and won't, just add a player to have another body. If they aren't high on what he would bring to the team to help this year, I don't think they were that interested. There is a lot of talent in the 2017 class. I would rather take my chances with what we have this year and potentially utilize more scholarships in the 2017 class than be stuck with an average player for seasons beyond this one.

I think this season all comes down to health. If Gary, Troy and Jacob can stay healthy this year, this team will be very good. If not, it doesn't really matter who you bring in at this point.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote