View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #27
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
After Tate Forcier left the program the new Michigan coaches were left scrambling to find a late addition to the 2011 class. They found a diamond in the rough with Texas QB Russell Bellomy, and patched the hole. While they picked up Bellomy, the Michigan coaches will still be looking for a quarterback in this class, and QB Maty Mauk (6'2", 185 lbs/Kenton, Ohio) was the latest to receive an offer from the Wolverines. Here's what he had to say.

TOM: I guess the main question right now is if Michigan has offered you yet?

MATY: Yes, they offered me yesterday (Thursday). The offensive line coach has been the one recruiting me from Michigan.

TOM: So is that five offers now?

MATY: Six, Illinois just offered too. (Bowling Green, Michigan, Notre Dame, Cincinnati, and Missouri)

TOM: I know your brother was at Cincinnati when Brian Kelly was there, so you almost have two separate connections now with Cincinnati and Notre Dame. Are they the two that are at the top right now?

MATY: I'm wide open right now, so everyone (including Michigan) has a good chance.

TOM: Spring ball is going to start to pick up soon and you're not too far from Ann Arbor, are you going to make it up to Michigan any time soon?

MATY: Yeah, I'm going to go up to Michigan sometime in the next couple weeks.

TOM: What do you want to experience on the visit, or what about Michigan is interesting to you?

MATY: The stadium and the tradition they have is great. The offense is going to be a force, and just to meet the coaches.

TOM: Taking visits this early, is this the start of the process for you or do you want to get things done pretty quickly?

MATY: No, I'll probably take my time with everything; I think I'm going to wait. I'm hearing from the schools that have offered and Arkansas, Auburn, Louisville, Penn State, Kentucky, Iowa, LSU, and a few others nationally.

http://mgoblog.com/diaries/tomvh-qb-...michigan-offer
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote