View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 09:36 AM   #5
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown Bearcat View Post
If this turns out to be true it's a great power move by the aac. All the bad perception aac has dealt with of late only uc and smu making the tournament, everyone openly trying to leave , I just think this move would be perfect. Between uc, uconn, temple, Wichita state, Memphis, smu, schools on the up swing like Houston, ucf, and Tulsa there's literally no reason the AAC can't be one of the best basketball conferences in the country.

With the aac finally having real stability for 1st time which is so important and adding a 12th member for every sport but football (their baseball program is also very good) I just think this move makes too much sense. In a perfect world we also add Dayton, Vcu etc but this is great news. i think the aac is finally going to live up to its potential
I'm ok with 1 school that is basketball only. I don't want to add too many. That was part of the demise of the Big East. The schools without football held as much power as those with football and they have different priorities. One or two is fine, you don't want much beyond that. Take Wichita St. and be done IMO.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote