View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 09:09 AM   #5
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I could see our regular season being around the same or even a little worse just because we have some new blood at the helm...chemistry could be an issue early on. One of the other important things to think about is that we won't be playing in our true home arena all year where our advantage would typically be the highest. We could hover around 15-25 for most of the season.

With that being said I think we will have a better team come March once our team gets comfortable with the new PG. I hope it happens much sooner than that. We will have play makers on the perimeter as well as inside. I could see us making a big push late in the season after stumbling a few times early to mid season. All in all I like our tourney chances much better next year than this past year. Hopefully we have enough talent to overcome some early chemistry issues and stay ranked and relevant all year with a chance at the regular season conference title. I think we can win our tourney and have better success in the dance than the past 20 years or so.

Or we could get smacked around by the committee again...lol! Unless we pick up some offensive help inside after Clark and Washington leave...this could be our best opportunity to make that big splash recruits want to see.
Keep in mind that by November, Cane will have been practicing with the team for over a year. The team has been building chemistry with Cane the entire past season. It will certainly be different from Troy running the point, but I'm not too sure I'm worried about overall chemistry. I don't expect Williams, Moore, or Nsoseme to play much next year, so everyone on the court will have been together for a little while now.

Next year needs to be an eye-opening year for the national folks. Analysts, committee voters, recruits, etc. need to take notice. I'm talking Top 10. Like you said, Clark and Washington leaving after next year is a big worry. Evans may declare for the draft after next season, too. I think it's fair to think 2018-19 will be a bit of a rebuilding/reloading year. For that to go over smoothly, we've got to capitalize on next year, so that we're able to bring in solid recruits/transfers for 2018/2019, and continue momentum.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote