View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 01:02 PM   #28
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
CLF is just killing it in recruiting but in many other areas as well. All of his interviews hit on culture, determination, community, brotherhood, excellence, details etc. I think he's more detail oriented than CBJ. He's really thought every facet of the game through down to the most minor details and that is the mark of a motivated, obsessed, and great coach. I don't think CLF thinks he is in a can't win situation with recruiting due to P5 etc. He's crushing!

I just hope we can be above average on offense and he can scout and coach the sideline well.

He's making a BIG believer out of me...excellent recruiting aside! I can't wait to see the product on the field.
Assuming he has made the right assistant coaching hires, I think he will do just fine in terms of game situations and planning. I think he's got a solid vision for what he wants on both sides of the ball, but also enough sense to hire guys who know what they are doing and give them enough room to do their jobs effectively. He won't be totally hands-off like Tuberville, but he also won't be a micro manager to the detriment of his staff and team chemistry.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote