View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 11:53 AM   #868
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Arroyo with two wins in a row.
Wins? He had 5 IP 5.40 ERA 1.40 WHIP and 4 K to 2 BB vs Baltimore and skated on thin ice the entire start.

If you want to mention him doing well, stick to yesterday. He had a QS and 7 K to 0 BB. He's going to get hurt by the long ball all year and won't strikeout a batter per inning, but his best bet is to not walk anyone. He'll have starts where he gets crushed due to diminished stuff, but if he pitches anywhere near to what he did yesterday, I have no issues with him in the rotation. That kind if start is exactly why I wanted Adleman in the rotation. Get 18 outs and keep us in the game. I understand people want the young guys, but they have shown no ability to this point to get through a lineup a few times. Arroyo pitching the way he did yesterday helps save our bullpen...the exact reason you want an innings eater at the back end. If he pitches efficiently and to about a 5 ERA, he can stick around. He's faced good lineups too, so it's encouraging that he seems to be improving. Yesterday was the first time I actually enjoyed watching him pitch this year. I hope he keeps it up.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote