View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 08:50 AM   #51
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
On the year yes. But the last month of the season Cumberland was getting 25 minutes and he was one of our most productive perimeter players if not THE most. If he was ready for 25 minutes at end of season he might be ready for 30-35 "when it counts" with another year working on slimming down a bit.

My focus would be on close games. How many minutes will Cumberland get in those games? I don't care if he only gets 20 minutes in blowouts. The yearly average will be lower than big games or games that are too close for comfort.

Evans probably averaged 25 minutes in games with comfortable leads but got 35+ sometimes when the games were close. They key question IMO is how many back up minutes will we need at different positions when games are close.
If Cumberland makes a similar leap that Evans made from frosh to sophomore...Jesus Christ, look out.

I think next year may be the first time in a looooong time where our entire starting lineup individually averages double-digit points-per-game. It any team can do that, it's this team.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote