View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 09:22 AM   #52
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Didn't see the play, but the rule is supposed to be defined that you have to have your feet set when the player starts his shooting motion. I might not have worded that best, but basically when he picks up his dribble to get ready to shoot, not just when they leave their feet. I like that more charges are being called cause I think rules are geared to hinder playing defense but I've seen too many where they let guys slide in late and after he picks up his dribble. This of course applies to help defenders, not to a defender already engaged with the offensive player. Some people don't understand there's a difference. If you're already engaged with the defender basically you just have to stay your position and not move into the defenders way if he tries to slide around you. You don't really even have to have your feet set because your allowed to stay in your position, even moving. Meaning if you're backing to the basket and staying true a guy can't just run you over.

this was a secondary defender that i thought clearly slid under allen after he already started his jump. i took a little freeze frame. this is when allen is taking off, the defender clearly not yet in the position he was when he took the charge, he's even still in the restricted circle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nocharge.jpg (21.7 KB, 10 views)
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote