View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 11:46 AM   #7
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Odds are not great I picked 100% accurate bracket but I kinda like my chances this year.

1 in 9,223,372,036,854,775,808

Odds of winning the lotto

1 in 13,983,816

I called "The Miracle on Ice", Villanova champs '85, and Buster Douglas over Tyson.

My biggest regret and (I think) only mistake in sports prediction was made in 4-5 yr old T-ball last year when I thought one of the kids would catch a ball and throw it to first base before the runner got there. But I was foiled. The batter hit the ball and ran backwards to start it off. The player in the field was picking his nose and kicking dirt but still had ALL the time in the world to make a play. The girl playing first base was in a full on conversation with the other kid on first base about if they liked butterflies or crickets more. I was in full on Cronin mode at this point...hands waving...fingers pointing...mad face!! So I picked up the fielder who had the ball and carried them to first base just in time to make the out. I got the game ball...but I couldn't have done it without the kids who had no idea how to make a play.

We had a choice after the game. Team snacks, go to Wendys, or Ruth's Chris. We stayed at the Hilton that night and I think you all know where we ate.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote