Thread: Bowl Game
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 09:26 AM   #4
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas.Gennaro View Post
This is my first year studying at (online) the University of Cincinnati. I picked this school over UMass Dartmouth (I'm from MA) because it'd be cool to cheer for a D1 sports program.

UC Football was awful last season but Luke Fickell looks like he's doing a halfway decent job with recruiting. My question is do we think UC can make a bowl game this year?
Obviously the recruiting has been excellent from a UC standpoint. His attention to detail, determination, and the way he put his staff together has me optimistic we won't be too bad from a sideline standpoint. He doesn't have to do it all.

It might take a year for him to get things figured out and for his recruiting style to start to pay off but I wouldn't put it past him to make a bowl game this year. It seems like he has thought through every facet of the plan thoroughly. Not a lot of stones left un-turned. He wants his team to be the best at every possible facet of the game that they can. He's very competitive and demands the same from the team.

There might be a few holes but if the team is disciplined (which it seems like they will be) and execute we should have a decent shot at it.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote