Thread: UCLA
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 06:22 PM   #379
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
How do you get here? Cane was mistake free too when they started pressing. Evans was the one that had the awful turnover.

Jenifer can come in if he’s gonna keep hitting free throws, but the move was benching Cumberland not Broome. Cumberland can’t be out there being a career 60% ft shooter.

But I still don’t see why cane needed to come out. It did almost feel like mick just had to even their minutes out (similar to how he benched Jenifer the other night basically the entire half for no reason)
I agree. Sad thing is the reason Cane came out wasn't to get the ball out of his hands it was to get it out of Evans hands....... seriously. If you noticed, when Broome was in there Evans was more your de facto point guard. He brought the ball up some, but Cane did mostly, but when it got into the half court cane dumped it at the top of the key to Evans every time and went to the wing. I simply just don't understand it. I know I've taken the side of why Jenifer starts to some heavy flack here, but if Cane's in there he needs to be your pg, not Evans. I love Evans, but he made several really bad passes yesterday that led to turnovers. He's simply not a pg. Mick really doesn't trust Cane running point but he needs to get him to the point where he does plain and simple. Now I'm not completely against the idea of bringing in the "sure handed" (in Micks eyes) ball handler to close out a lead, but I don't understand running Evans at point when Cane is in there. And when Cumberland missed both free throws after also missing the front end of the one and one, you have to get him out of there. At that point all logic points to you're going to get fouled everytime. He should've put Cane back in or at least Moore.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote