Old 01-30-2018, 09:13 AM   #10
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Our resume is very whack still.

So I think we really need to go 9-1

I think it is concerning that we've played 21 games already and our best win is #44 SMU. We really need to pick up 2 more Tier 1 wins. So wether it be WSU and @houston or @SMU, I don' t care. I just want to protect home court and steal at least 1 of our 3 Tier A games left, but 2 is most preferable.

If the committee truly uses the RPI Tier system, I'll feel good about us. But Kenpom has not been our friend when it comes to quality wins.

Also we need WSU utterly dominate the rest of its games. at this point I don't care about SMU getting in, I want WSU to be a tier 1 win in both home and away games
I agree with you on SMU and WSU.

What I am wondering about is the RPI vs other metrics committee formula. I thought the other metrics were being brought into consideration by virtue of them changing the breakdown of the tiers. RPI did not consider road or home advantage where other metrics like Kenpom did...so they adjusted what columns 1-4 would look like based off of advanced metrics.

Is this inaccurate? Would it matter at that point (after the tiers were adjusted) how each team looks on Kenpom or other advanced metric sites? They already adjusted the RPI formula to account for it.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote