View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 09:19 AM   #53
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Yah...tell me about it. At the end of the season I think we were starting to see it already. If he can improve on his end of the year numbers we could see 15 PPG (with 30+ minutes) but it won't be easy with so many options on the team to score. We started to see his freshman shyness start to change late in the season. He was deferring a lot early on to veteran players but I don't think that will happen next year.

He was second on the year to Kyle in points per 40 minutes and he was first in EFG% and TS%. Get him in shape and improve his D a little and I could see him making a similar jump as Evans did.
If JC can stay away from foul trouble he will be the alpha dog on this team. He plays down hill and either gets to the rim or is able to find a teammate. Late in the shot clock him and Broone will be who we want to have the ball. Evans while on occasion can get to the rim that part of his game needs work. Evans will be more effective shooting threes and running on the break with Broone. Defenders will find out in a hurry you really don't want to run at Cumberland because he will pump fake you to death and get to the rim. KJ never had this in his game. With the dribble drive penetration we get from Broone everyone will get some nice looks. Our big issue next year will be playing defense and taking care of the ball. Offensively this will be the most well rounded team we have had under Cronin. Cumberland should be able to give us the closer we have lacked since SK left. A made shot or he can draw the foul.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote