Thread: UCLA
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 02:06 PM   #372
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsNE View Post
Cronin doesn’t let any of his PG just play out of control. So ball control and milking the clock wouldn’t be a problem for Cane or Justin. Every possession is ran by Cronin first. But thanks for making my flight enjoyable.
I disagree here. Watch what happens when Jenifer and Broome are asked to sit out at the top of the key and let a defender hound them while they are dribbling for more than a couple of seconds. Jenifer has no issue because he is a superior ball handler. Caupain had no issue because he used his backside and length ala Magic Johnson to keep his defender from stealing the ball. Cane is not comfortable out there in that situation. He would rather be running around on the move or passing the ball to someone else than endure that type of pressure. To me it seems very obvious. Even if we let him sit out on the top of the key dribbling to run off clock...his passes after that point have not been as crisp or precise as Jenifer. I don't even think it's a close argument in these particular situations.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote