View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 11:45 AM   #1811
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
I remember looking back. I transferred from OSU my soph year to UC. I think Huggins was in his first year. I lived in a house of 8 guys on Eden St and we started going to every game from then on. I remember sleeping on the floor over night near the ticket office (in the halls) in the Final 4 season. They took that option away from us in the following years. We took turns camping out and you could bring one student ID and get 4 tickets. We showed up one game against Indiana with 13 guys in white T-shirts spelling out "Huggins Heroes" in the 2nd row hoping to get on ESPN. Some turds in front of us killed our chances. I went to Midnight Madness most years and was right next to Digger Phelps in the crowd when the ENTIRE basketball season started with UC Madness. I remember seeing my arm on ESPN...lol!

I won a basketball in a game early on that year when they called my ticket. Signed by the entire team and coach...but who knew we were going to be that good? I played open gym with it and wore off the signatures...lol! I don't care. I just want to feel that whole experience again. This is the year for me. I am excited as hell. I remember seeing a juco PG NVE going from non starter to transforming a team to greatness. We got a nice draw in the tourney that year. But I see a new guard in Cane this year who reminds me so much of what NVE did that year. They could be twins as far as I am concerned.

Bottom line is...it's f-ing time right now...this year! We can't expect to have teams like this year in and year out. We need to capitalize!!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote