View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 05:31 PM   #665
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
If he is not far behind those two he will likely still be ahead of KJ so we should be just fine. Evans and Cumberland were both above 21 in PER (player efficiency rating) and KJ was at 11.2 last year (lowest on team outside of Q). Which, surprisingly, was BETTER than his soph and junior campaigns. As a frosh he had a higher PER (14.6) because he saw limited action (7 mpg). Williams won't be asked to do too much when he's on the court so with limited usage he could very well finish pretty decent in PER. I could see him getting around 15 mpg.

KJ played some solid D but it sounds like Williams is game on D as well. I like our chances
Going back 7 season on Sports Reference when I first can see Player Efficiency Ratings (PER)...we have had the following players over 20 in PER. Last year was the first time we had 4 guys with 19+ avg minutes per game above the 20 PER mark.

SK Sr year 26.2
Jackson Sr year 25.8
Clark Jr year 24.9
Clark So year 24.3
Washington Jr year 23.9
Gates Jr year 23.3
Ellis Jr year 23.0
Clark So year 22.9
Evans So year 22.8
SK Fr year 21.9
Cumberland Fr year 21.7
Ellis Sr year 21.4
Gates Sr year 20.7
SK Jr year 20.6
SK So year 20.4

Broome at Sacred Heart his last year there was at 20.7.

It is entirely possible to see 5 guys this year with 19+ mpg above 20 in PER considering Broome won't be asked to carry the load and be the sole focus of the defense. I don't see anyone else averaging 19+ mpg.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote