View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 09:30 AM   #603
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I clearly noted that Evans was our most talented player. And he was incredibly efficient last year. I’m just saying that Evans will need to more assertive on this team. Cane, jarron and Kyle aren’t shy. Jacob is an unselfish player. Jake took over when he needed to but sometimes he didn’t look for any shot except the 3 pointer. When that didn’t fall he would go silent. Jarron is a fearless driver, so Is cane. I just think Evans needs to be a lite bit more as well
I don't think your assessment is too far off. Kyle is going to shoot when he gets the ball for the most part. We have reason to believe Broome will as well although not as much as at Sacred Heart. Cumberland was already starting to show more aggression end of season last year.

Jacob and Gary are our most well rounded players but neither is looked at as aggressive at creating their own shots as some of the others might be. I certainly don't want this to be a selfish team but there are only so many shots to go around so Evans and Clark will have to take every good chance they get. If we push the ball a lot this season I think everyone can be happy and find their spots. In fact I think Evans (as some have already suggested) may thrive in the up tempo style because he won't have to create as much in the half court (which isn't really his game). I like Evans out on the break, stop and pop 3's, and following up for offensive rebounds etc.

We have the depth to run and we have players who can get it done in half court sets. A VERY versatile team! We can score in the paint and from outside and now we have some players who can create a little as well.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote