View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 09:50 AM   #9
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
Not worth getting worked up over. I'd imagine the official preseason rankings will include UC somewhere in the Top 25 but if you're thinking we're going to be Top 10 I wouldn't hold your breath.

I think somewhere around 20 is the most likely landing spot for us. We can talk about Cane Broome all we want but the reality is that none of us have ever seen the kid play against big time competition and we haven't seen him play in Mick's system. Until he gets on the court and starts playing in games that matter it's all just speculation. No one with a vote that counts is going to put UC in their preseason Top 10 based on that speculation.
I don't think it's too much speculation to expect "big" things from Broome when we have heard rumblings from inside the team as to who might be the most talented player on the team. If you practice against the guys on our team...one of the best defenses in the country....and people "in the know" are touting your talents...I'm not too concerned about him flopping.

I am concerned more with team chemistry than his abilities. Cronin is going to get him to play D and take care of the ball as best he can. He's going to take him out of the game if he's running his own game plan. Cane will learn and I think he and this team will be rounding into form mid to late season.

I don't know what the voters will think pre season...but that will take care of itself as time goes on.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote