View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 10:23 AM   #10
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I don't think it's too much speculation to expect "big" things from Broome when we have heard rumblings from inside the team as to who might be the most talented player on the team. If you practice against the guys on our team...one of the best defenses in the country....and people "in the know" are touting your talents...I'm not too concerned about him flopping.

I am concerned more with team chemistry than his abilities. Cronin is going to get him to play D and take care of the ball as best he can. He's going to take him out of the game if he's running his own game plan. Cane will learn and I think he and this team will be rounding into form mid to late season.

I don't know what the voters will think pre season...but that will take care of itself as time goes on.
I don't think it's unfair for us as optimistic UC fans to have high hopes for Broome, I just don't think the people voting on the Top 25 polls are going share the same enthusiasm to vault us to a preseason Top 10 ranking.

It's a very small sample size but Cane's numbers when his team played against better competition weren't nearly as good as when they played within their league. Again, very small sample size but he scored 8 against OSU, 12 against Rutgers and 7 against UConn. I'm very optimistic on Cane but he needs to get on the court and play in this system before I'm going to crown him as the next great UC point guard.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote