First alternate Scott

Black

Washington
Evans
Broome
Moore
Diarra

First alternate Nsoseme

Each team has an inside scorer (Washington and Clark). Each team has an all around player and top defender (Clark and Evans). Each team has a starting "play maker" on the perimeter (Broome and Cumberland).

From there you could toy a little bit with Nsoseme and Brooks, Scott and Diarra, Moore and Williams but it makes sense to put them on different teams. Since team black has 3 likely starters compared to 2 on team red I put the "perceived" next two best players on team red in Williams and Brooks so Moore and Nsoseme go on team black. Then take your pick on where to put Diarra and Scott to even things out accordingly.
Looking at either team on paper kind of makes me think they could be somewhat competitive in conference in their own right without combining the two practice teams. Cronin has done a good job of squeezing a good season out of teams with the talent that would be present on either squad.

It sounds like Cronin has most of their heads screwed on right. The goals are high but they all seem to know nothing is going to be gifted to them because of a pre season ranking. Cronin is finally coming to grips that defense alone is not going to get the job done. It took a while...but at least the shift seems to have happened. Pace of play should finally be addressed this year.

Combining red and black right now seems to be what we have all been waiting on for a long time. Talent and depth. Offense and defense. Work ethic and attitude. Experienced veterans and excited youth. Smart and tough players.

We are at the point of nit picking to find weakness. We can't have it all but we have more options than ever under Cronin. Perhaps Washington could be an outstanding defender and maybe we would like to see a sure fire go to guy in the clutch. One of those might just happen and the other we can sub for.

It's hard for me to contain my excitement right now!! Stay healthy (knock on wood) and we are going to be in for one hell of a season!!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote