View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 11:33 AM   #804
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
It's really going to be a tough season IMO in terms of schedule but nothing a great team shouldn't be able to handle. Obviously we have some big hitters OOC mixed with some patsies. We are playing off campus doesn't help us a lot with the home slate. We have to go on the road to play X and UCLA and a neutral game with UF isn't easy by any means.

In conference it looks like most of the teams that may have had injuries in the past will be at full strength by the time we play them. WSU should have their injured players back, SMU will probably have McMuray, and Uconn should be back from an injury riddled season last year with some great guard play. With the talent on some of these squads it's not going to be a cake walk by any means in conference. UCF will be a very tough out. Temple could surprise etc. I think 3 losses wins the conference and 4 might be a tie.

We could even make a push as a conference to be top 6 or better. I am very happy we have an experienced group of starters right now. I think we are going to need it. I think our seeding in March should improve if we handle our business this year. 5-6 losses should not kill us if we can win some marquee games and finish 1st or 2nd in conference followed by a conference tourney title game showing.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote