View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 08:36 AM   #4
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HExus View Post
Quite a few projections have us around 24 or barely in the top 25.

A few have us near the top 10.

We have to be the biggest wildcard for most annalists.

I know im bias, but I personally think 24 is insane. The people that said that low are smoking some good stuff, or just don't know anything about this team.

Cats didn't exactly finish strong, but like some others said on here, its not like they lost to bad teams.

Seems alot of these low opinions put alot of stock into what we lost.

While we will lose D, I don't think they is any denying the O will be vastly better than we have seen in almost 20 years.

I am not at all worried about the D. Cronin has proven, if nothing else, that he gets the most out of his guys on that end of the floor.

I think 16-14 is fair jumping off (still think its low but im bias).

these 24 picks need to get a clue.

This is a team that could be top 10 or more all year if things fall into place the right way.

Guess we are going to have to work our way up as a surprise.

These clowns opinions mean 0 luckly.
I could see our regular season being around the same or even a little worse just because we have some new blood at the helm...chemistry could be an issue early on. One of the other important things to think about is that we won't be playing in our true home arena all year where our advantage would typically be the highest. We could hover around 15-25 for most of the season.

With that being said I think we will have a better team come March once our team gets comfortable with the new PG. I hope it happens much sooner than that. We will have play makers on the perimeter as well as inside. I could see us making a big push late in the season after stumbling a few times early to mid season. All in all I like our tourney chances much better next year than this past year. Hopefully we have enough talent to overcome some early chemistry issues and stay ranked and relevant all year with a chance at the regular season conference title. I think we can win our tourney and have better success in the dance than the past 20 years or so.

Or we could get smacked around by the committee again...lol! Unless we pick up some offensive help inside after Clark and Washington leave...this could be our best opportunity to make that big splash recruits want to see.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote