View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 06:16 PM   #17
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
The prior coaching staff at Michigan gave Ross one of his first offers, and last week on a visit to the campus, he got a chance to meet with new Wolverines coach Brady Hoke, defensive coordinator Greg Mattison and the rest of the staff.

“They had a really great message,” Ross said. “They portrayed to me that they really cared about this University. I actually enjoyed the original Michigan staff that offered me, I liked them, and for some staff to impress me even more was shocking. I didn’t know it would be like that.

“I really enjoyed Coach Mattison,” Ross continued. “We actually went over what I’d be doing in the defense, and I’d actually be playing WILL, and he was just showing me how the WILL was covered up and has the freedom to make plays.”

Ohio State offered Ross late last week, and a third personality quickly developed.

“Nobody was at the house, so I did a quick little dance,” Ross said. “Nobody saw, but it was cool.”

Ross has been keeping in touch with Buckeyes assistant coach Paul Haynes.

“I grew up watching Ohio State,” Ross said. “Ever since I was born, they were the ones in the Big Ten between Michigan and Ohio State I watched. Just that consistency of winning they have, that’s what I really like about them. They’re always somehow on top.”

This spring, Ross says he’ll try to visit as many schools as possible. The coaches at each place will get to meet the nice quiet guy.

http://footballrecruiting.247sports....mes-Ross-16009
swg is offline   Reply With Quote