Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-13-2017, 11:43 AM   #31
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
I am not putting any limits on his game. If he is taking good shots and not forcing things I say fire away. Watching his shot it is not a bad looking shot. it will start falling. Let the kid play.
if you get the right angle you can see its a bit sideways. of course that doesn't mean it can't work, there have been plenty of good shooters that didn't look good doing it.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:47 AM   #32
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
I am not putting any limits on his game. If he is taking good shots and not forcing things I say fire away. Watching his shot it is not a bad looking shot. it will start falling. Let the kid play.
Perhaps I didn't word that right. I don't want to limit him...I want him to do MORE of what he seems super good at. I've been very impressed with Keith so far. He is fun to watch and incredibly athletic. Extremely good at driving and seemingly always under control when he gets to the rim.

Even his 3's are all very close to going in. I think he has taken most of them in pretty good flow without forcing. I think he can pressure a defense most with his driving though. His 3's will fall...I am not worried about that.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:55 AM   #33
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
if you get the right angle you can see its a bit sideways. of course that doesn't mean it can't work, there have been plenty of good shooters that didn't look good doing it.
His release is not good but the shot in the air looks really good. Rotation and loft etc. He's just been a couple inches off on many of his 3's...but his drives are most impressive to me. Cumberland uses that running floater a lot (with precision) when he gets in the lane. Keith seems to be able to get all the way to the rack and body under control when he does. I'm just really impressed with that part of his game so far.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:59 AM   #34
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
His release is not good but the shot in the air looks really good. Rotation and loft etc. He's just been a couple inches off on many of his 3's...but his drives are most impressive to me. Cumberland uses that running floater a lot (with precision) when he gets in the lane. Keith seems to be able to get all the way to the rack and body under control when he does. I'm just really impressed with that part of his game so far.
he's got a slashers game but we'll see what happens when he gets inside vs teams with actual bigs.

the thing that caught me off guard from the scrimmage is Moore actually takes it to the rim harder. He just went right at whoever was in there. Williams has more, I'm not sure what the right word is, grace maybe.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:28 PM   #35
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
he's got a slashers game but we'll see what happens when he gets inside vs teams with actual bigs.

the thing that caught me off guard from the scrimmage is Moore actually takes it to the rim harder. He just went right at whoever was in there. Williams has more, I'm not sure what the right word is, grace maybe.
I would probably reverse what you just said. We will see if Moore can do it with actual bigs in the game. Including the scrimmage it looks like Trevor is 2-8 in two point attempts in 4 outings. Keith is 22 of 38. There is no comparison between the 2...not even in the slightest. KJ could probably get to the rack 8 times in 4 outings and make 2 of them...but 38 times and make 22? I don't think so.

That being said I hope Trevor keeps putting up open 3's...that's his game. Keith is superior at driving without a question. You can't get there that often without going hard to the rack.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:08 PM   #36
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Anyone care to explain how we got Trevor Moore out of Texas? Why was he not a Top 100 player? Mind boggling. Great job by Savino on him. Really looks like a legit player. Good athlete too. And like everyone else on the team, he's competitive.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:10 PM   #37
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
I would probably reverse what you just said. We will see if Moore can do it with actual bigs in the game.
I wasn't trying to imply Moore was a better driver, he is not a guy thats going to get to the rim. But when he decides to take it, its full steam ahead the whole way. It was hilarious to watch. He didn't care who he was going at, it was get there or die trying.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:13 PM   #38
cincrulz11
Epic Member

And I will add it was refreshing to see a guy just take it right at a big. I feel like we have a tendency to try to contort our bodies around the big and we often dont get fouls called because of it. So many drives the past few seasons have ended up with us on the ground but no foul and we kinda put ourselves down there.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:14 PM   #39
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Anyone care to explain how we got Trevor Moore out of Texas? Why was he not a Top 100 player? Mind boggling. Great job by Savino on him. Really looks like a legit player. Good athlete too. And like everyone else on the team, he's competitive.
not an explosive athlete. thats basically all the top 100 is about. being a fundamentally sound player gets you nowhere in the rankings.

same reason Gary was rated below so many players he was clearly better than.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:16 PM   #40
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I would probably reverse what you just said. We will see if Moore can do it with actual bigs in the game. Including the scrimmage it looks like Trevor is 2-8 in two point attempts in 4 outings. Keith is 22 of 38. There is no comparison between the 2...not even in the slightest. KJ could probably get to the rack 8 times in 4 outings and make 2 of them...but 38 times and make 22? I don't think so.

That being said I hope Trevor keeps putting up open 3's...that's his game. Keith is superior at driving without a question. You can't get there that often without going hard to the rack.
Keith has not only attempted more 2 point shots but has also made more 2 point shots than any player on our team through 4 outings. That includes every BIG on our team including the starters.

As a frosh...I am trying to figure out who doesn't think this is extraordinary? He's making 57-58 percent of them!!