More Doaks, less Boone please.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:16 PM   #22
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I still don't understand the Hayden Moore stuff. Everyone else on the team seems to get a free pass. Then, even when he has a great game and most of the rest of the team is bad, no one says a word. Literally no one. Can't even acknowledge if he has a good game. Then the second it isn't perfect, here we go again. Really weird and annoying tbh. Our problems run way deeper than the QB.
You're basically saying the same thing with boone and doaks. Why not give boone the benifit you want to give moore.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:17 PM   #23
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
You're basically saying the same thing with boone and doaks. Why not give boone the benifit you want to give moore.
Bc Boone has been banged up for 2 years. And Doaks looks fresher. Not the same thing at all.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:17 PM   #24
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Quote:
Bc Boone has been banged up for 2 years. And Doaks looks fresher. Not the same thing at all.
Ok.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:19 PM   #25
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Ok.
If Boone looks like himself, I'll change my tune. But he doesn't look like a workhorse back, and we need one. Doaks has shown over the past few weeks that he can handle a big workload.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:26 PM   #26
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Ok.
Also, if Boone has a good game, I won't go away from the board and wait until he's not dominating to come back and complain. That's probably the weirdest part of the whole thing to me. Last week when Moore threw for 380, it was crickets. I even tried to call people out to see if they could at least admit that he played well. But no. The Hayden Moore stuff is emotion-based. He's the outlet for frustrated fans who can't pinpoint why things aren't going well. Bc he's the QB. Easiest to identify and point the finger at. Making yourself believe that "if only Trail were in things would be better" is just a coping mechanism. There's a reason the whole "backup being better than the starter" thing is so cliche.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 09-30-2017 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:29 PM   #27
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Damn this is terrible
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:31 PM   #28
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
Damn this is terrible
Worst half of the season. Disappointing.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:32 PM   #29
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Our defense is really not great. That's about as nice as I can be about it.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:34 PM   #30
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Quote:
Also, if Boone has a good game, I won't go away from the board and wait until he's not dominating to come back and complain. That's probably the weirdest part of the whole thing to me. Last week when Moore threw for 380, it was crickets. I even tried to call people out to see if they could at least admit that he played well. But no. The Hayden Moore stuff is emotion-based. He's the outlet for frustrated fans who can't pinpoint why things aren't going well. Bc he's the QB. Easiest to identify and point the finger at. Making yourself believe that "if only Trail were in things would be better" is just a coping mechanism. There's a reason the whole "backup being better than the starter" thing is so cliche.
I couldn't watch the game last week. Anyway, I'm pretty much done questioning talent and who's playing or not... Im more questing the coaching and how a guy brings the ball out of the enzone twice fumbled once, then they leave him in the game.