Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2010, 06:51 AM   #21
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Kent St and Iowa have offered.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:07 AM   #22
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/blogs/steves-blog

Quote:
Bennett Eliminates Irish

ESPN 150 Watch List defensive end/offensive line prospect Michael Bennett (Centerville, Ohio/Centerville) is no longer considering Notre Dame. He never visited the Irish campus.

"Ohio State, Northwestern, Florida and Alabama are near the top of my list along with some others," Bennett said.

Shocker. I don't think UC stood a chance once Kelly left (although probably wouldn't have mattered much, which is a shame.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #23
swg
Epic Member

His 4.95 forty and 6-foot-3, 275-pound frame have college coaches foaming at the mouth and lead to his opponents on the high school gridiron frequently getting overmatched. A 4.41 shuttle coupled with a 315-pound bench press max only further make the case.

A two-way star, Bennett received most of his notoriety on the offensive side of the ball as a tackle. He helped Centerville to a GWOC Central title in 2009 by opening up gaping holes and providing stellar pass protection.

Despite the fact he’s being recruited primarily on offense, many scouts feel that Bennett has even greater potential on the defensive side of the ball.

"Most of them are saying that I could pick, but others are only talking o-line," Bennett told Rivals.com. "I think it is mostly because I only had a couple plays on defense. Last year I did not play that much defense, so I only have eight or nine plays on defense on my film. I like defense the most because it just seems more natural."

Not only is Bennett a big kid, but he has a big motor. As a junior he often had stretches of games where he would take over the line of scrimmage. He is a smart player and backs it up in the classroom with a 3.2 GPA.

Bennett will likely commit prior to the season beginning which will allow him to focus on a final high school goal, winning a state title and repeating as division champions.

FINAL TAKE: Bennett is one of the best players at any position in Southwest Ohio’s Class of 2011. There’s no doubting that he’s going to make a huge splash at the next level. If game continues to flourish look for it to translate into an even better year for Centerville this time around.

http://www.tristatefootball.com/arti...articleid=2116
Old 04-29-2010, 03:05 AM   #24
swg
Epic Member

Top two are Northwestern and OSU.

Northwestern is a great academic school. This kid is serious about education. He'll be even more serious if he chooses them over the bucks.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:39 PM   #25
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
From Tharinger (twitter):

RT @Smith_TR: ThaRinger #131 player in the nation for '11, DT Michael Bennett, Centerville (OH), has committed to Ohio State.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #26
swg
Epic Member

Good. From now on, he can slide all the way to the end of the forum with the rest of the bucknuts (where they belong).