Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 03-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'11 AR QB Kiehl Frazier (Auburn Verbal)

Quarterback
Springdale, AR (Shiloh Christian)

Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 215
40: 4.57
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:46 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Offered by UC and every other school in the midwest and south (virtually).

Don't see him coming to UC, but you have to take your shots.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

Old 03-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

When asked what one of his biggest strengths
was, Kiehl stated one of the most important qualities in a quarterback:

“Probably just my calmness. Whether I’m emotionally high or low, I can just stay calm and lead the team.”

It’s that poise and leadership that likely helped Kiehl lead the Saints to a legendary 51-49 comeback victory against Nashville (AR) in the
4A state quarterfinals this past season after trailing
35-0 in the 2nd quarter. He also added a 35 yard interception return for a touchdown while playing at safety to help spark the rally.

As far as what Kiehl said he’d like to improve:

“I’m going to try and improve my accuracy and reading defenses and just the main things to becoming a more well-rounded quarterback.”

So what will be the ultimate factor for him when deciding what school to attend?

“Really, just the coaches. All colleges have different things that they can show you and different things they do there. Anywhere you go you can really have a good college experience if you just do what you need to, so really just the coaching staff.”

Two coaches in particular stand out at the moment.

“I like Coach McGee at Arkansas. I’ve been talking to him since 9th grade, so I know him real well. And Coach Malzahn at Auburn because he coached at Shiloh before he went to Auburn, so I kind of know his system and I know him and I have a good relationship with him.”

Frazier states that he doesn’t have a leader yet.

“I’m just taking my time, I’m wide open. I haven’t really been going through the process that long, so I haven’t really seen the ups and downs of all those schools, so I’m just going with it right now.”

He’s sure to be a busy guy this summer as he plans to attend some camps during the offseason, but he isn’t sure yet exactly which ones he’ll be going to. He does have a timetable for a commitment though.

“I kind of want to have it done before next year so I can just kind of focus on the season. So I’ll probably do it a little before the season next year.”

http://www.tharinger.com/2010%20stat...s/KFrazier.htm
Old 03-31-2010, 06:54 PM   #5
swg
Epic Member

One of the nation's top dual-threat quarterbacks is Shiloh Christian (Springdale, Ark.) standout Kiehl Frazier. Frazier is now holding 20-plus scholarship offers and has a pair of Pac-10 schools on his short list.

Frazier had a huge junior year, completing 227-of-362 passes for 3,817 yards and 48 touchdowns while rushing for 764 yards and 14 touchdowns. The signal-caller earned numerous postseason honors including multiple all-state teams and was the 4A Player of the Year.

Shiloh Christian also finished the year 13-1 and won its second straight state title, with Frazier earning game MVP both years. He's a tremendous talent with a 3.8 GPA off the field to boot and will be very active on the camp circuit this spring/summer.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/blog?...26id%3d5040182
Old 04-30-2010, 06:49 PM   #6
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
From Tharinger (twitter):

4 star QB Kiehl Frazier tells TR that Notre Dame, TCU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Kansas State, Michigan, and Nebraska all stopped by his school...

this week. Frazier on Notre Dame: "ND made a good impression on me. They told me they were going to start recruiting me hard."

Frazier: "I want to meet coach (Brian) Kelly in person."

THARINGER 4/30/10

I don't see UC having much of a shot here.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:39 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

Never had a chance...

Hey, my first blackberry post
Old 05-16-2010, 07:54 PM   #8
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
From Tharinger (twitter): RT @JHokanson: All I've heard is positive in regards to Springdale (Ark.) Shiloh Christian QB Kiehl Frazier's visit to Auburn this weekend.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #9
swg
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
From Tharinger (twitter): RT @JHokanson: All I've heard is positive in regards to Springdale (Ark.) Shiloh Christian QB Kiehl Frazier's visit to Auburn this weekend.
Rumor is that he and Christion Jones may commit at the time of their visit.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:38 AM   #10
swg
Epic Member

To no one's surprise, he verballed to Auburn.