Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 02-20-2010, 06:53 AM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'11 FL SDE Deon Green (S. Carolina Verbal)

Strongside Defensive End
Orlando, FL (Olympia)

Ht: 6-3
Wt: 253
40: 5.45
Shuttle: 4.44
Vertical: 26
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:54 AM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Offered by UC, Illinois, Rutgers, Wake, UCF, Northwestern.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:42 AM   #3
swg
Epic Member

Texas Tech has offered.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:21 AM   #4
swg
Epic Member

Louisville and USF have offered.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:34 PM   #5
swg
Epic Member

His friend Lo Wood (from Florida as well) is at ND, who is close to offering. Giving them a slight edge. He could end up their, USC (possibly taking a visit soon), or stay in SEC country.
Either way, UC is not in his future. Moving this to Archive Forum!
Old 05-19-2010, 04:45 AM   #6
swg
Epic Member

By Phil Kornblut
DL Deon Green (6-3 251) of Orlando is from Orangeburg and he hasn't forgotten his South Carolina roots. Green told the Orlando Sentinel that Clemson and USC are among his top four schools along with Penn State and South Florida. He has narrowed his list to those four from 17 offers. Some of his other offers are Central Florida, Rutgers, Illinois, Ole Miss, Northwestern, Wake Forest and Texas Tech. Green had 75 tackles and 6 sacks last season. Green moved from Orangeburg before his freshman season of high school. He has said he grew up a USC fan.

Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...715/-1/PSPORTS

(USC is S. Carolina)
Old 05-20-2010, 10:09 AM   #7
swg
Epic Member

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,6457287.story

Quote:
Deon Green's first scholarship offer came from Rutgers in February and it would be just the beginning of a busy offseason for the No. 12 player in the Sentinel's 2011 Central Florida Super60.

"Rutgers was the first school to offer me. It came and I was just so excited that one came," Green said.

Since Green received his scholarship offer, 17 more have come the Olympia defensive tackle's way, as he has become one of the most heavily-recruited players in Central Florida.

"It feels good to be in a position to where I have schools to choose from," Green said. "Some players wish they had one, so I know it's a good predicament to have."

Standing at 6-foot-2, 280-pounds, Green has been hard to miss for college coaches when watching his film, but it's his off-field presence that has made the soft-spoken Green a hit at Olympia.

"He has great disposition," said Olympia head coach, Bob Head. "He leads by example but is vocal at the right time. He's a good kid and a hard worker. We don't ever have to worry about him being late to practice or anything like that."

While coaches have believed in Green's ability since he transferred to Orlando from South Carolina last year, he has been a bit surprised at the attention he's garnered this early in the recruiting process.

"I (didn't think I'd have) as much as I am getting now," Green said. "My coaches said I had the potential to have this many (offers), but I didn't think I'd get this many."

With so many options, Green has begun to narrow down the schools that appeal to him.

"South Carolina, Penn State, Clemson and USF," he said.

Of the four schools that are rising to the top, Green mentioned South Carolina several times and said that the school is "definitely attractive."

"I'm from South Carolina, so it' a big deal with (South Carolina) and Clemson," Green said.

Green also likes the in-state USF Bulls, but he noted that location isn't a huge priority, especially with him having family in South Carolina. So far, his offers include the Bulls and the Gamecocks, as well as Ole Miss, Northwestern, Wake Forest, Texas Tech and others.

His presence has helped other teammates gain recognition from visiting coaches. Olympia, which has other talented players such as linebacker Darryl Monroe (No. 30 on Super 60) and safety Corian Hamilton (No. 10 on Super60), already had three colleges stop by spring practice on Monday and that number should rise rapidly by the end of the school year.

"(Green) has opened the doors for every kid in this program," said Head, who had 90 colleges take a live look at his team last year. "I project 100 schools to come by this year."

Not all of that is because of Green, but it's safe to say that any school that does swing by Olympia will inquire about the mammoth defensive tackle.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:10 AM   #8
swg
Epic Member

Deon Green (Orlando, Fla./Olympia) has seen his offers total sky-rocket to approximately 20, ESPN affiliate Web site IrishSportsDaily.com reports.

Cincinnati, Illinois, Ole Miss, Northwestern, Rutgers, South Carolina, South Florida, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt and Wake Forest are some of the schools on his list.

Other programs including Notre Dame, Penn State and Clemson are also showing interest.

"First, I'm looking to get my education," Green stated. He reports a 3.3 GPA and is thinking about majoring in business marketing. "I plan on graduating from college no matter what the deal is, or how well football is going for me. I plan to graduate, and if I can graduate from a prestigious school with top academics, that's probably what I'm looking for."

Last fall, he registered 75 tackles and six sacks.

%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fschool%3fpage%3don thetrail%26season%3d2010%26schoolId%3d2132
Old 06-30-2010, 06:44 AM   #9
swg
Epic Member

Verballed to S. Carolina.