Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 03-16-2010, 04:48 PM   #11
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=4996727

Quote:
Demetrius Hart, RB, Orlando, Fla./Dr. Phillips
He was outstanding in the passing game, using his speed and hands to make several great plays for his team. The 5-9, 182-pounder is a complete back. He's thick enough to run between the tackles and fast enough to play well on the perimeter. Auburn, where he unofficially visited last week, is the team to beat at this point.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:48 PM   #12
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
http://www.tharinger.com/2010%20stat...gs/DeeHart.htm

Quote:
The state of Florida is known for producing some of the top playmakers in the country every year and the 2011 cycle is no different. One of the top running backs in the state is Dee Hart out of Dr. Phillips High School in Orlando, Florida. At 5’9” and 185, Hart makes plays out of the backfield and in the return game and ThaRinger recently caught up with this talented prospect to talk recruiting and discuss his style of play.

“Basically, a lot of schools when they recruit me, they recruit me for kick returner, punt returner, things like that but I also play running back. I’m more of an outside runner but I can run up the middle. I can do it all. I’ll put my head down and run through some people, so I can do a little bit of both.”

Hart plans on taking all 5 of his official visits and described what he’s looking for in a school and when he plans on committing.

“I’m going to take all 5 of my official visits, but I should already have my mind made up to where I want to go. Academics is always first and foremost, but other than that I just want to play football. I mean I don’t want to go and sit. I know it’s like a big thing trying to play your freshman year as a true freshman but I know I can do it, so I don’t want to go in and sit. I want to go in and play. I was thinking I was going to commit anytime between now and next season, but I’m not really in a rush so I’m just taking my time right now.”

Dee has narrowed his list down to 3 schools and explains what it is he likes about each of them.

“Florida, Alabama and Auburn, but not in any specific order.

What I like about Florida, I mean the SEC, 2 out of the last 3 years they won the championship. They have bowl appearances every year also. They had a 100% graduation rate last year and I like how they recruit. They recruit backs like me, outside runners/speed guys and they let you play both ways, kick returner/punt returner, that’s what I like.

About Alabama, I mean they don’t limit you. They let you play as true freshmen like they did Trent Richardson and they also let you play both ways like kick returner, punt returner, things like that.

And with Auburn, I like their offensive style with Coach Malzahn and how he runs everything. I would fit in perfect there. I really like the coaching staff at Auburn also. I just got a good feeling there, so that was good.”

Hart is a very talented back. He’s a smooth athlete with good speed and acceleration and he changes direction as good as anybody. He is also much more physical than his size would indicate. He definitely doesn’t shy away from contact. But perhaps his best attribute is his vision and he admits that when asked what his strengths are and what he would like to work on to continue his development.

“I think my strengths are I can see the whole field. I can read a defense real well, watch a lot of film and I have speed so I can get around the outside or I can get through holes. I know how to be patient and wait on things like for blocks to happen and stuff like that. I think one of my weaknesses are just trying to get those extra few yards and taking that contact. I know as a running back you shouldn’t do that too many times, just try to preserve yourself and also just depending on my O-line to be there. I’m pretty good with reading the blocks so sometimes I kind of get ahead of them. Sometimes I see what they don’t see and I try to make a play on it, so that’s what I’m going to try and work on this spring.”

Great vision is arguably the most important quality a running back can have, and when you combine his vision with his speed and cutting ability, it is clear that Dee has the potential to be special player at the next level. It’s a rare combination. Some backs have blazing speed but lack vision and fail to see holes open up. They run into their blockers or “tackle themselves.” Others have great vision but may lack the burst to hit the hole fast enough or may lack the speed to pull away. But Hart fuses those talents together perfectly. He has the vision to see the creases, the cutting ability and burst to hit it and the speed to break away once he does. I asked Dee if he thought that was a natural gift or if it was something he acquired through film study. He also explained his strategy on the field and how he likes to use defenders’ strengths against them.

“Honestly, I believe it’s a natural gift, but also it’s just repetition and watching film. Like sometimes when I’m watching film, I key on the key defenders and the ones that like to make plays and if they’re aggressive, I like to run one way and cut back across them and if they’re aggressive they’re going to go for anything. And then like the great player, if he’s fundamentally sound I just take it to him every time and I keep bringing it to him, bringing it to him and then after a while he’ll get aggressive and then he’ll start going for anything. So I like to break the defenders down, especially in the secondary and the linebackers.”

As for the immediate future, Hart has a 7 on 7 tournament this weekend.

“I’ve got a 7-on-7 all-star game coming up this Saturday and Sunday in Tampa, Florida at USF college with a couple guys from my team, Fort Meade, a lot of different schools around the area and we’ll be going against teams from Miami, Carolina, Georgia, teams like that. So that’s what I’m doing right now.”

As you can see, Dee Hart is a hard working guy with a special skill-set and has the potential to do great things in his college career.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:16 PM   #13
swg
Epic Member

The 5-8, 190-pound Hart is planning to visit Michigan for a few days later this month, staying through for the Wolverines’ spring game on April 17.

This is a development from where Michigan’s recruitment of Hart was just a month ago when the highly touted ball carrier had dropped Michigan from his top group, preferring Florida, Auburn and Alabama at the time.

Michigan has now replaced Florida in Hart’s top three, and the Wolverines will have an opportunity later this month when he visits to remind him what it was in the first place that attracted him to Michigan.

Hart was a teammate of current Michigan wide receiver Ricardo Miller during the 2008 season at Dr. Phillips. He visited Ann Arbor for a home game that season with Miller and had the Wolverines as his favorite school all the way through last fall.

In fact, at one point last fall Hart expected he would make a commitment to the Wolverines before his junior season was complete.

When Hart had dropped Michigan from his top group late in the winter, it was just after the school held a news conference to announce NCAA infractions. Since then, though, the coaching staff has been able to answer Hart’s questions and assuage his primary concerns, leading to the recent change in their standing on his list of favorites.

Hart was one of the first running backs the Wolverines offered in the 2011 class. He has since accumulated more than two dozen additional offers from some of the nation’s top football programs, but has narrowed his focus to his top three.

A decision could come as soon as this month, once he finishes trips to Michigan, Auburn and Alabama. Hart still plans to take all five official visits in the fall, however, even if he commits to a school before then.

What makes Hart a coveted running back is his combination of speed, power, agility and pass-receiving skills. He has scored 36 offensive touchdowns already in his career at Dr. Phillips and added five more on special teams. Hart also maintains a 3.6 grade point average.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010040...00405065/1354/
Old 05-03-2010, 12:05 AM   #14
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Looks like Michigan is the leader right now. He is completely decked out in Michigan gear in his picture on his facebook page.

From twitter: CFBRumorCentral Watch List RB Demetrius Hart's Facebook page seems to tell everyone where he's going to college.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:25 PM   #15
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Michigan close to commitment from Orlando RB Demetrius Hart

http://www.freep.com/article/2010042...itment-from-RB
Old 05-15-2010, 01:54 PM   #16
JasonS
Football Moderator

No introduction, or picture needed here. I think everyone is well aware who he is. The Orlando Sentinel has an article up that quotes Demetrius saying Michigan is his leader, surprise! You'll notice in the article he says he wants to commit on the 22nd, but it might not work out. He and his family are still trying to work out a schedule to get his Dad up to Ann Arbor as well. If they can't make it work, the trip up to Michigan won't happen. Panic not, because this doesn't mean he won't still commit any time soon, or at a different venue. We'll see how it goes.

If you recall, I spoke with both Demetrius, and his mom about everything. Michigan will get his commitment, but he still plans on taking all of his visits. This sounds about right for the roller coaster of emotions that Michigan fans have been on so far.

http://mgoblog.com/diaries/tomvh-recruiting-update-510

Personally, I think Coach Jones is already looking elsewhere for RBs. This kid is not going to be coming to Cincy.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:39 PM   #17
JasonS
Football Moderator

After a great visit to Ann Arbor last month for the spring game, many thought FL RB Demetrius Hart would be a lock for Michigan. Hart's teammate however, Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix, claims Dee will camp with Alabama in June, and he wouldn't be surprised if Hart pulled the trigger for Bama then.

This is assuming Hart doesn't commit to Michigan at the Big House BBQ, but he's not even 100% to make that visit. If Hart doesn't make the trip up, Alabama will get their chance in June, and Nick Saban doesn't often fail on the recruiting trail.

For the record, Clinton-Dix also said Auburn is out!

http://mgorecruit.blogspot.com/
Old 05-17-2010, 09:08 AM   #18
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
I assume we are effectively out of the running?
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:37 AM   #19
swg
Epic Member

I don't think UC was ever in the running, but yes.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #20
JasonS
Football Moderator

In case you missed it, FL RB Demetrius Hart didn't manage to attend. He'll visit Alabama and Auburn again before coming to Michigan (likely for an official visit). He recently impressed at a Nike Camp in Alabama:

Demetrius Hart impressed as well and showed why he's among the most heavily recruited backs in the region. Hart seemed to tire toward the end of the camp (temperature was in the mid-90s) but no one was more impressive early on. Hart is short but not small and is very well put together. He's an explosive back who can stop and start on a dime and showed great hands out of the backfield.

The article goes on to mention that Michigan is still his favorite.

http://mgoblog.com/