Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-13-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Who improves the most next year?

The question is, which player on the basketball team will be most improved next year?

Lance..Will he find his shot?
Gates...Find supreme motivation?
Thomas...Develop big time inside moves?
Wilks...Become a consistent contributor?
Bishop...Can he take on a leadership position?
Parker...Flash in the pan or steady off the bench?
Dixon...Develop his outside shot?
Davis...Become the next Field Williams?
Cash...Take over games like Downey did?
Biggie...Will he become the enforcer?
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #2
anbuc88
Elite Member

anbuc88 will become famous soon enough
First post on BearcatTalk.com. I think LS will have the most impact as if he improves his outside shot he will be scary. But the most improved will be Wilks, IMO. His play at the end of this year reminds me of Bobby Brannen, who showed glimpses of his ability at the end on his junior year, especially in the NCAA tourney loss to Iowa State, and then came back with a big senior season.
anbuc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:21 AM   #3
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by anbuc88 View Post
First post on BearcatTalk.com. I think LS will have the most impact as if he improves his outside shot he will be scary. But the most improved will be Wilks, IMO. His play at the end of this year reminds me of Bobby Brannen, who showed glimpses of his ability at the end on his junior year, especially in the NCAA tourney loss to Iowa State, and then came back with a big senior season.
Good first post. Like Brannen, I recall Ryan Fletcher really came on as a senior. I think Wilks will have a solid year (and my second choice), but I'm going with Cash. Once he settles down, he should be ok.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:57 AM   #4
lumberjack

lumberjack has a spectacular aura aboutlumberjack has a spectacular aura about
I'm looking to execute an out of bounds play!
Old 03-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #5
swg
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjack View Post
I'm looking to execute an out of bounds play!
Don't wuss out. Give a positive response for once.

Someone on the team is going to improve the most, who's it gonna be (and Cronin is not a valid response)
Old 03-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #6
Not Guilty
Elite Member

Not Guilty is on a distinguished road
I think it will be Lance. I think he will go from good player to one of the best players in colllege basketball. He won't suddenly become a sharp shooter, but he will improve his shot and more importantly his shot selection will improve. His turnovers won't disappear, but they will be reduced. And he won't suddenly become Reggie Miller off the ball, but he will get better at it. All of that as well as an improved ability to get to the free throw line and I'm very excited we will have him another year.

As for some of the others:

Thomas just needs to focus on improving his free throw shooting and finishing in traffic. If he can do both of those things, he will be a terrific role player.

Cash needs to improve his shot selection. Too often this year he was taking quick shots off the dribble with no one under the basket to rebound. He got quite a bit better at finishing in traffic as the season went on and I think that will continue as well.

Yancy needs to finish better. I really like the intensity he showed for most of the Big East tournament though. I hope he builds on it. I also wouldn't mind if he lost a little weight.

Parker needs to work on his handle against ball pressure and continue to develop his shot. He is going to be a very good player for us though.

I hope Larry Davis can find the form he had at the end of his sophmore season. It would be a huge boost to this team.
Not Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:17 PM   #7
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
I think Sean Kilpatrick will have an impact.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:44 PM   #8
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Lance should improve the most. I look for Cash and Parker to really step up.. I really like the lineup, Cash, Parker, Lance, Yancy, Thomas. More consistency on the offensive side would be nice.